The Atlantic Council seeks a professional, energetic, and dependable Front Desk Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to perform front-desk responsibilities, welcome visitors and provide administrative support to the Office of Finance and Operations. The Receptionist will be the first point of contact for our organization and s/he will be the main representative that our visitors first encounter.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively, perform general administrative tasks and enjoy a fast paced, diverse, and international culture. S/he will take initiative and be able to multi-task. The position requires a previous history of excellent administrative and communication skills.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience.
• Greet and direct visitors in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner;
• Professionally administer all incoming calls and direct the caller to the appropriate staff member. Receive and relay messages;
• Field questions and inform guests of the day’s events and their room locations;
• Provide callers with general company information i.e. company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information;
• Provide clerical and administrative support such as expense report completion, timesheet preparation, photocopying, faxing, and filing;
• Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS);
• Assist with maintaining and restocking reception area, supply rooms, conference rooms, employee lounge, and kitchen;
• Assist with administrative functions on finance and human resources projects and ongoing event programs;
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Associate Degree preferred;
• Minimum 1-2 years front desk and/or administrative experience, preferably with an international organization, NGO or nonprofit;
• Superior communication skills: candidate must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of staff and senior diplomatic officials;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Strong, demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and ability to navigate the internet for research projects;
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments;
• Excellent organizational, logistical, and administrative skills;
• Professional appearance.
• Interest in international relations or international policy is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org