Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most. Visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement and communications – both internal and external – across IFC. The Vice Presidency is responsible for content creation, branding, reputational risk management, relationships with shareholders in Western Europe and Japan, fundraising, and multilateral engagement.
IFC External Relations is focused on positioning IFC as a leading voice and influencer in global development. With a focus on raising the institutions’ external profile in ways that protect and expand IFC’s license to operate, the external relations team works to increase understanding IFC’s work and impact through effective communications, external representation, and issues management. The unit has five teams: Media Relations, Executive Communications, Branding and Publications, Global Events, and Western Europe communications.
Role and Responsibilities:
IFC External Relations is seeking an individual to lead IFC’s editorial content strategy across key channels. This person will be a key steward of IFC’s “voice” and be responsible for developing and maintaining editorial guidelines, standards, and strategies. He/she will create content that brings IFC’s narrative to life through external communications, including applying it to strategic events, executive communications, and proactive storytelling. This role reports to the Senior Communications Officer, Executive Communications, and is a leading contributor to the Executive Communications team. This role requires exceptional writing skills, a high level of creativity, attention to detail, excellent project management skills, and a genuine respect for teamwork and collaboration to produce editorial excellence.
The Senior Communications Officer/Communications Officer will work in the External Relations department. His/her main accountability is to plan, develop and implement an editorial content strategy for IFC.
Specific responsibilities include:
- As a member of the IFC Executive Communications team, leads the development of an IFC editorial content strategy focused on setting standards for key external IFC editorial outputs including (but not limited to) executive speeches, op-eds, blogs and institutional talking points.
- Refines IFC’s editorial guidelines and processes and manages an IFC editorial calendar.
- Develop standards and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing across IFC.
- Serve as a final editor and standard setter for key IFC external communications including major press releases, announcements and thought leadership pieces.
- Writes, copy-edits, adapts, and fact-checks text for key IFC institutional content.
- Collaborates across teams in the IFC Partnerships, Communication and Outreach Vice Presidency (e.g. IFC’s Branding and Publications, Risk and Public Affairs, Global Business Partners, Campaigns & Content and Regional Communications) to elevate stories that demonstrate IFC’s mission and values in action and amplifies content across communications channels.
- Works closely with the Branding and Publications team to support the editorial approach for key IFC flagship reports and products.
- Leads editorial planning discussions with IFC staff who have editorial and writing responsibilities—to maximize content exposure and impact and create an editorial center of excellence.
- Serve as IFC’s lead editorial strategist, advising staff on how to best communicate IFC’s messaging on key initiatives while ensuring that institutional communications align to IFC’s strategic vision.
The Senior Communications Officer/Communications Officer will be based in Washington, DC.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 8 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Big picture thinker with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills while effectively maintaining a pulse on details.
- Exemplary written communication skills, with experience training, coaching, mentoring others on improving their written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across IFC’s content.
- Experienced editor with a deep knowledge and experience with editorial content strategy and copy editing.
- Ability to articulate complex information in simple and relatable terms.
- Keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve, with journalistic skills to tell meaningful stories.
- Broad experience developing and executing persuasive messaging.
- Self-starter, motivated, with a strong bias for finding solutions.
- Highly organized with the ability to plan effectively to handle multiple shifting priorities under tight deadlines and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with demonstrated success at working under deadlines with tight timeframes.
- A champion for collaboration and working cross-functionally.
- Strong work ethic and passion to get the job done.
- WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org