MADRE is seeking a Program Associate to contribute meaningfully to our VIVA Initiative with adolescent girls. The Program Associate works to support the implementation of MADRE’s VIVA Initiative to drive grantmaking, network building, and advocacy for our grassroots girl-focused and girl-led work across the world.
Reporting to the Program Officer, Grantmaking and Partnerships, the Program Associate will provide administrative and logistical assistance, and support special events and projects that advance this strategic initiative. The Program Associate will work closely and proactively with colleagues on the program team and across the organization to provide critical administrative support.
The ideal candidate is skillful in building and managing relationships with a wide range of individuals, including partners and colleagues. The ideal candidate should be organized and goal oriented; exhibit a high level of professionalism and maturity; display excellent written and oral communication skills, including comfort with external relations; demonstrate attention to detail, and be able to multitask and meet deadlines. A demonstrated passion for adolescent girls’ and women's human rights is essential.
Build & Maintain Systems for Coordination
- Work closely with the VIVA initiative team to contribute to the effective implementation of partnerships strategy and priorities to support current and new partner organizations in different regions.
- Oversee and coordinate our Learning and Evaluation Processes for our grantees as needed to monitor outcomes and impact.
- Support program team with design and delivery for all capacity building- related activities.
- Manage calendars, including scheduling individual and group meetings and required follow-up.
- Provide ongoing administrative support, including but not limited to maintaining appropriate files, both physical and electronic.
Organize and Communicate Impact
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of proposals and program- related materials.
- Prepare documents and presentations to show and communicate the impact of the VIVA Initiative and priorities among different audiences and stakeholders.
- Assist with the systematization and analysis of final reports from partners and data entry as needed.
Special Events & Projects
- Plan and coordinate logistics for on-site and off-site events to ensure smooth functioning of activities.
- Assist team’s work-related travel, developing travel plans and logistical arrangements as necessary, including processing expense reports.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Passionate about MADRE’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant office experience or equivalent work.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Attention to detail and follow-through, and proactive work style.
- A clear communicator; self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, problem solve and think critically.
- Strong project management skills including ability to design work plans, manage multiple task and deadlines, and coordinate with multiple stakeholders while maintaining a firm grasp on individual project details.
- Ability to manage up to achieve work priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to embrace critical feedback with a positive attitude.
- Detailed knowledge of and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
Salary range starts at $40,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people, people with disabilities, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org