Youth for Exchange and Understanding International is looking for a motivated person for the full-time position of Secretary-General.
As an appointed legal representative, the Secretary-General works full-time for the organisation at the administrative office in Brussels and is responsible, under the guidance of the Governing Board, for:
- Daily management of YEU Secretariat;
- Coordination of projects approved in the annual work plan of the organisation;
- External representation, communication towards institutions, partners and other organisations in cooperation with the Governing Board in line with YEU and its member organisations’ interests;
- Financial management of the organisation (together with the Treasurer);
- Fundraising (searching for grant opportunities and developing partnerships), development of project ideas and preparation of grant applications;
- Organisation of statutory meetings of YEU;
- Day-to-day office work, including administration and communication.
Plus other additional tasks to assure the proper development and sustainability of the organisation.
- Extensive experience in NGO work, ideally on a European level and/or in YEU;
- Extensive experience in project management in particular European/International projects;
- Experience with institutional fundraising, especially Erasmus+ and other EU grants, as well as diversification of fundraising;
- Strong interest in advocacy and European affairs;
- Ability to work with, engage with and create synergies with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience in human resources management and team management as well as leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experience with finances and administration;
- Excellent knowledge of MS/OpenOffice and online communications (collaborative tools, social media);
- Time management and organizational skills (including the ability to manage different competing priorities and responsibilities);
- Ability to work with and reporting to a democratic and volunteer-led Governing Board;
- The willingness to undertake frequent travels;
- The sensibility to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently;
- Excellent language skills; fluency in English is a precondition, any other European languages, especially French is considered an asset;
- A thorough understanding of and interest in youth work and social inclusion practices is considered an asset;
- The applicant should show flexibility, initiative, personal commitment and motivation on supporting the activities promoted by the organisation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org