PCI is seeking a dynamic, experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead, support and inspire a multi-agency, multi-sectoral team in Ethiopia to deliver an innovative 5-year USAID-funded $20 million project designed to improve resilience to enhance food security and inclusive economic growth among lowland pastoral areas. This multifaceted activity is expected to be a major component in USAID’s contribution to improving Ethiopia’s ability to improve resilience and enhance economic growth in the pastoral regions.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, PCI seeks candidates who can distinguish themselves through the following characteristics:
- Has strong development experience in supporting systems change;
- Embraces the concept of agile management and are willing to support the kind of dynamic processes and structures that enable teams to iterate, collaborate, learn and adapt;
- Is committed to, and can demonstrate success in, advancing gender equity within the project technical areas (food security, resilience, economic empowerment, crisis response).
The COP will also serve as PCI’s Country Representative in Ethiopia. This is a full-time position contingent on funding. The anticipated start date will be November 1, 2019.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide an integrated vision for this complex, multi-sectoral project, and lead execution of inter-related activities in disaster risk management, diversification of economic opportunities, production and marketing, nutrition, and crisis response.
- Provide strategic leadership through vision, continuous improvement of quality, innovation and establishing a results-driven-management system.
- Mentor senior technical staff to develop standard operating guidelines, quality assurance and control systems, milestones, successful startup and efficient technical service delivery mechanisms.
- Provide strategic, technical and administrative oversight for all activities to cost-effectively achieve project objectives.
- Oversee partners’ and sub-grantees’ performance by establishing accountability mechanisms in program, finance, and data quality management.
- Establish a culture of evidence-based decision-making and data driven analytics through a well-developed monitoring and evaluation system.
- Oversee and manage the operational, financial, HR, and administrative needs of the project and PCI Ethiopia including budget management, high-quality program and financial reporting, and grant/contract compliance.
- Develop systems to identify operational risks and their management and to reduce risks in project implementation.
- Assure good financial management of the project (e.g. budget execution, program-finance linkages, monitoring and reporting processes and procurement systems) and adhere to PCI and USAID financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee total compliance to PCI and USG regulations in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure that the project’s commitment to gender equality and social inclusion is operationalized effectively across program strategies, staffing, and systems.
- Demonstrated delivery of strong results in a COP role.
- Experience in Ethiopia required.
- Masters or post-graduate degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, and minimum of 7 years of senior management experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities managing complex, multi-million-dollar food security, agriculture, nutrition, disaster risk reduction, and crisis response.
- Experience managing complex, multi-million-dollar contracts and/or cooperative agreements funded by USG.
- Demonstrated understanding of the pastoral and agro-pastoral context in Ethiopia required, with significant experience working in lowland pastoral areas in Ethiopia highly desirable.
- Relevant technical expertise in food security, agriculture, nutrition, disaster risk reduction, and crisis response.
- Experience working with senior government officials and building consensus among diverse actors, including NGOs (local and international), representatives of civil society, the private sector and USAID partners.
- Demonstrated abilities in USAID reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with USG donor regulations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org