You will have overall responsibility for the strategic development and management of the Concern country programme in Liberia. You will ensure the country programme meets objectives as set out in its agreed strategic plan, annual plans and programme proposals. You will also ensure the country programme is in line with Concern Worldwide policies, procedures, organisational strategy and meets the Core Humanitarian accountability standards. You will lead the Senior Management Team and represent the organisation with government, donors and other international organisations.
You will be responsible for:
Leadership & Strategic Direction:
- Leading the Country Management Team and ensuring a participative decision making process.
- Leading by example and supporting the Concern team to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Ensuring staff capacity, organisational structures and programme approaches are fit for purpose and able to effectively deliver strategic organisational goals.
- Engaging with major organisational advocacy issues, providing support and leadership for key strategic campaigns.
Risk Management & Accountability:
- Ensuring optimal use of financial resources; managed in a transparent and accountable manner, consistent with Concern’s and donor policies, systems and procedures, delivering quality results and demonstrating value for money.
- Responding robustly to any suspicions or reports of fraud, code of conduct abuses or other misdemeanours, and adhering to Concern’s policy and procedures on investigations.
- Ensuring Concern complies with all relevant national legal and administrative requirements.
- Identifying all risks and implementing mitigating measures in conjunction with the Country Management Team.
- Implementing and reviewing Concern Worldwide in Liberia’s CHS accountability commitments and action plan. Ensuring a functioning Complaints Response Mechanism within all programmes.
- Establish and maintain an effective safety and security management system to meet agreed standards, including regular updating of the Security Management Plan.
- Ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to the Security Management Plan.
- Effectively and promptly respond to any security incident, keeping the Regional Director as line manager, and other relevant Concern management, fully informed.
Programme Development & Implementation:
- Ensuring adequate financial resources for continual programming in country, through developing/implementing funding strategies, engagement with donors, etc.
- Supporting the Programme Director to ensure programmes are designed, implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with Concern Worldwide policies, incorporating a results-based management approach.
- Enabling an organisational culture that supports effective learning, sharing and continual improvement of programme quality.
Support Systems & People Management:
- Supporting and guiding the Systems and Finance functions to ensure effective and efficient administrative, logistical and financial support is provided to staff of Concern Worldwide.
- Supporting the CFC in budget preparation, revision and monitoring; ensuring that budget holders actively manage their cost centres and prepare accurate budgets in line with the annual plan.
- Ensure that Concern’s IT systems provide efficient and effective communication and data management for the organisation, linking with Concern Worldwide systems.
- Supporting and guiding the HR Manager to ensure there are competent and empowered human resources, in a fair, diverse and efficient workplace
- Ensuring the National HR Manual and HR policies are in line with organisational and national legal requirements and all staff are aware of and comply with these.
- Undertaking initiatives to ensure a good working environment and team spirit so Concern is perceived as an employer of choice for national and international staff.
- Ensuring job requisitions are prepared on a timely basis for international positions
- Ensuring staff Performance and Development Review’s (PDR) are undertaken for all staff with appropriate training, development and career opportunities identified.
Representation & Networking:
- Creating a strong and visible profile for the organisation, as a leading actor in the fight against poverty and the implementation of resilience programming.
- Communicating information regarding Concern and its programme at National level to Government, Donors and INGOs, alliances and networks across a range of fora.
- Engaging appropriately with the media to ensure that Concern's values and vision and programmes are highlighted.
- Representing Concern Worldwide in strategic national and international meetings;
- Ensuring relationships and formal agreements with the government are maintained and updated.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Relevant post graduate qualification.
- Three to five years’ experience in senior position with an international NGO.
- Management of diverse and multi-sectoral programmes.
- Previous work in a similar context.
- Management of a diverse team of senior staff.
- Management of systems and finance functions, including knowledge of donor compliance.
- Working with major international donors and securing external donor funding.
- Knowledge and experience of incorporating key approaches across programmes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a confidence to engage and represent Concern at public fora, media and donors.
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent English.
- Empathy with Concern’s mission, vision and goals, and our target group.
We also like:
- You to be flexible and reliable.
- You to be culturally sensitive and empathic to others.
- You to be able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org