Intercultural Dialogue Platform is an NGO in Brussels, founded in 2005 to foster debate and analysis on intercultural dialogue, preventing extremism and other types of intolerance for a peaceful and respectful coexistence in European societies. By so doing, it aims to make practical contributions to the decision-making processes on relevant developments and issues impacting on community relations in Europe. The association also represents 8 European dialogue organizations associated with the Hizmet movement. (a.k.a. Gülen movement).
IDP offers an internship possibility for university graduates in its office in Brussels. This is a position for 6 months. The candidates we are looking for will have:
- A graduate degree ideally in EU affairs, political science, economics, public policy or similar areas.
- Positive attitude and keen interest in the EU and its policies
- Knowledge and experience on drafting project proposals on EU level (Preferably Erasmus + KA2 Program)
- The ability to conduct research and analysis
- The ability to learn quickly and work within a team
- Satisfactory English speaking and writing skills. A good command of French or Dutch. Other languages will be asset!
- Good social skills and the motivation to work in a multicultural environment
You will have to:
- Map relevant EU funds/subsidies
- Draft and develop European project proposals that are in line with EU policies and IDP’s objectives
- Assist the organization in project & event management
- Conduct interviews and write event reports
- Assist in developing the communication and social media strategy
- Help with the institutional relations (PR and network advocacy)
- Conduct research on topics related to the corporate targets & EU policies
- Web site content management, photo and video capturing/editing
You can send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.
*Transport and lunch costs will be reimbursed to the intern as 300 € /month.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org