To ensure the effective implementation and management of the BRIGHT project. The chosen candidate will report to ADRA Canada’s Senior Project Manager/Gender Advisor, as designated by the Development Programs Director. S/he will oversee the overall program implementation, ensuring consistency with strategic directions, accomplishment of project objectives, and compliance with donor and government regulations.
Church Relations/Ministry (10% of each work week, but permeated throughout role)
- Participate in daily worship and prayers;
- Be prepared to counsel callers (including church members and others) on role of Seventh-day Adventist mission and pray with them;
- Encourage partners (including Seventh-day Adventist Conferences and congregations/entities incountry of work, and foreign Seventh-day Adventist entities and the worldwide ADRA network) in the mission of ADRA and the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Educate them, as necessary, about the ministry role of ADRA Canada as part of the worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church movement, consistent with the religious teachings of the Church;
- As requested, contribute to corporate publications and represent ADRA Canada and its mission at presentations/speaker appointment requests, particularly with ADRA Canada’s partners;
- Ensure that all ADRA Canada activities are carried out in accordance with the values and religious beliefs of the ADRA network and the Seventh-day Adventist Church;
- As part of the ADRA Canada ministry, act in a way that reflects the religious beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, both on and off duty;
- Perform other duties as designated by the Supervisor.
Operations/Technical (50% of each work week)
- Provide strategic direction and technical support to field-based Project Managers in each of the three (3) respective countries in the implementation of the project;
- Be familiar with relevant Canadian and host country regulations and laws, as well as ADRA policies and procedures, and be accountable for project implementation in compliance with these regulations/procedures;
- Work with ADRA Canada’s other Project Managers, Finance/Compliance Manager/Analyst, Accountant, MEL Coordinator, Gender Advisor and other project staff and/or partners to plan, implement and monitor detailed implementation plans, budgets, M&E trainings and annual results analysis/evaluations, and gender training/integration/impact, ensuring management of scope, time and cost constraints;
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender equality results in projects/programs (ensuring gender equality, gender-based violence, SRHR and child protection policy and best practices are adhered to) in collaboration with the ADRA Canada’s gender technical specialists;
- Ensure the submission of accurate, timely and compelling progress reports to donors as per donor specifications;
- Ensure the timely submission of annual work plans and budgets as per donor specifications;
- Produce other reports to key stakeholders as requested;
- Conduct Regular meetings with project staff, both locally and internationally, to monitor the progress of the project;
- Represent ADRA Canada at BRIGHT Canadian NGO, donor or partner meetings;
- Assist field partners with project closeout activities including travelling to the field as required;
- Assist in the development of terms of reference for key program staff and/or consultants.
Managerial (20% of each work week)
- Provide overall program management support to BRIGHT program in the field, ensuring accomplishment of project objectives;
- Support the project management team and oversee all home and field office activities to ensure effective and efficient coordination between the offices;
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external Canadian Partners (ADRA Norway, Salanga, Sickkids Centre for Mental Health).
Financial (20% of each work week)
- Monitor project budgets (individual partner and consolidated), ensuring consistency of burn rates and activity rates in collaboration with Finance staff;
- Organize preparation of budget modification requests, and donor approval requests;
- Ensure proper review and preparation of financial reports for submission to the donor;
- Ensure timely and proper processing of payment requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in development (or related field);
- A minimum of 5 years of project management experience managing large (over $5mil) multi-country government funded projects, preferably within the context of development work and with at least 3 years of experience based in the field;
- Strong leadership and people management skills in building productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, field offices, donors and partners;
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding gender issues;
- Commitment to a human rights-based approach, including an active commitment to the rights of women and girls;
- Demonstrated experience with gender equality programming;
- Proficiency in the use of relevant software Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project);
- A personal commitment to ADRA’s mission, values and beliefs;
- A personal commitment to the religious beliefs, practices, structure, standards and programs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada;
- Ability to engage with the international ADRA network;
- A passion for social justice and international development to assist people in poverty, consistent with the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English, including strong presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism in sensitive and challenging situations;
- Strong initiative and ability to anticipate needs and be proactive. Self-disciplined to meet deadlines and strong work ethic. Self-directed to take action and resolve issues. Strong sense of responsibility and ability to perform while delivering superior service;
- Ability and willingness for regular local and international travel to remote destinations;
- Driver’s license;
- Understanding of cross-cultural issues and programming;
- Public speaking skills.
- Masters in development, education or related field;
- PMP or CDPM certification;
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint;
- Experience with both Development and/or Emergency Contexts such as conflict or crisis affected areas;
- Written and oral communications skills in French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org