The Outreach and Communications Analyst works as part of a vital team which develops and implements the outreach and marketing plan for the Gilman International Scholarship Program. The Analyst plays an integral role in the program’s national conference participation, assists in the design of outreach and marketing materials, implements activities to recruitment potential applicants for the scholarship, supports the marketing of the program’s alumni activities, communications with colleges and universities, digital presence. The Analyst contributes to marketing efforts to ensure institutions of higher education and other key stakeholders are aware of the program’s role and importance in public diplomacy and higher education.
- Supports the production of annual Congressional and Governor letters.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and tracking of outreach and marketing efforts.
- Manages the logistics of the Gilman Program’s national conference participation plan.
- Drafts conference proposals, designs conference posters, develops content for website, drafts press releases, develops reports, and copy edits program materials.
- Ensures correct brand usage in creation of all materials, curates and designs graphics; documents via video/photography important program events, edits footage.
- Contributes to the development of program reports.
- Leads marketing and promotion of special events and programming via press release, social media campaigns, and other communication platforms.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred. Must have lived or studied abroad.
- Three (3) years professional work experience to strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience submitting successful conference proposals.
- Experience designing infographics and interpreting data. Experience writing and editing copy as utilizing social media for outreach and marketing purposes.
- Experience presenting at national and global conferences.
- Experience working in the field of higher education/study abroad/fellowship advising.
- Ability to organize and handle a large volume of work under time constraints and pressures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; project management program knowledge a plus.
- Experience with graphic design software and photography/video skills highly desired.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org