FuelsEurope, the EU Affairs division of the European Petroleum Refiners Association, is looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join its dynamic advocacy team for a one year remunerated internship. This internship will bring you the opportunity to develop your professional experience thanks to a wide variety of tasks and interesting topics relating to the oil industry and its interaction with the EU institutions.
Who are we?
- FuelsEurope represents the interests of 40 Companies operating refineries in the EU. Members account for almost 100% of EU petroleum refining capacity and more than 75% of EU motor fuel retail sales;
- FuelsEurope aims to promote economically and environmentally sustainable refining, supply and use of petroleum products in the EU, by providing input and expert advice to the EU Institutions, Member State Governments and the wider community, thus contributing in a constructive and pro-active way to the development and implementation of EU policies and regulations.
What do we offer?
- One year internship in the form of a “Convention d’immersion professionnelle“;
- Monthly salary of 1200 € and the reimbursement of the public transport in Brussels;
- International and dynamic multicultural environment;
- Opportunity to develop your professional experience and maintain regular contacts with our counterparts in the oil industry and the EU institutions.
What do we expect from you?
- Provide analytical and material preparation support to FuelsEurope staff in their advocacy role by:
- analysing official reports and documents from the EU institutions on air quality, industrial emissions, energy, climate, environment, REACH and other issues relevant to the EU refining industry;
- participating in internal working group meetings and discussions;
- drafting minutes and preparing presentation material and briefing notes;
- following debates in the EU institutions;
- researching ad hoc projects;
- collecting data.
- Extend and check accuracy of the actual database of relevant information for use in FuelsEurope external events;
- Attend and report on conferences and seminars in the Commission, Council, Parliament and other stakeholders’ events.
What is your professional profile?
Education & Experience:
- You are a graduate in Economics/Politics or similar;
- You have a previous experience in the EU institutions or in an organisation working closely with EU institutions;
- You demonstrate your strong interest in EU institutions/policy making.
Skills & Competencies
- It is essential that you have a very good command of English (oral and written);
- You have strong analytical skills in data collection and interpretation;
- You are computer literate;
- You are self-starter and autonomous in your work;
- You are well organised;
- You demonstrate flexibility and team spirit;
- You have the permit to work in the EU.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter mentioning “FuelsEurope internship in EU Affairs” in the subject of your e-mail.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree that we use your personal data for recruitment purposes only.
All your private information will be deleted from our files after the recruitment process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org