The Global Data Solutions Associate serves as the Salesforce administrator for Room to Read’s Global Solutions Database (GSD) and ensures that tools, systems, and processes are in place for staff to collect, report on, and use our program data as efficiently and effectively as possible. In addition to managing the day-to-day administration of this Salesforce instance, the Global Data Solutions Associate, will work with local and international office staff to define business requirements, identify opportunities for system enhancements, support the development of technical solutions, and lead user adoption efforts. As a member of Room to Read’s Program Operations team, the Global Data Solutions Associate will develop a deep understanding of the organization’s programs and serve as a subject matter expert on systems relating to programmatic data management. The position is based in Room to Read’s Global Office in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Program Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation Management, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Lead ongoing administration of GSD and scoping and implementation of enhancements to the instance. Perform Salesforce administration tasks in response to changing business requirements, including managing user access and sharing settings; updating data sets; and customizing objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validation rules, and automation tools.
- Manage application lifecycle for all program operations enhancements. Gather requirements, design solutions, and test and deploy changes to production. Develop training materials, train end users (including power users located abroad) and communicate changes to relevant staff following release of new enhancements.
- Respond to inquiries for requests for GSD reports and data, particularly for the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation team to calculate and track global indicators of progress towards program objectives.
Training and Technical Support
- Lead user adoption efforts in local and global offices by conducting trainings and developing and maintaining centralized database training materials, documentation, reports, and dashboards. Respond to support requests, resolve technical issues, and enhance end user understanding of database and use of data for decision-making.
- Manage GSD Power User group, based worldwide, by facilitating quarterly power user calls; onboarding new power users; and facilitating capacity-building.
- Draft GSD Help lessons and administer ScreenSteps application. Annually review database-related documentation to ensure each program’s manuals are up-to-date and clearly written.
- Track Room to Read’s programmatic targets and communicate them to the organization. Process change requests by updating GSD to reflect revised targets.
Management & Coordination
- Lead formulation of strategic vision for GSD and its cross-departmental applications. Work with change advisory committee to prioritize enhancements in alignment with that vision. Gather initial requirements, assess feasibility of solutions, and provide recommendations for project priority. Collaborate with IT and Development staff in developing roadmap for overall Salesforce ecosystem.
- Serve as Operations point of contact for vendors and internal groups on technology projects relevant to department. Provide input on potential upstream and downstream impact of configuration or system changes as they relate to programmatic data collection, entry, and reporting.
- Assess data being collected by other tools to determine how current database or other technology solutions could support the monitoring and reporting needs of Country and Global Offices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as administrator on the Salesforce.com platform or administrator of other relational database application
- Excellent project and data management skills; highly organized and thorough with keen attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring data integrity
- Solution-oriented, creative problem solver; quick to identify opportunities for the automation of work processes
- Ability to build complex custom reports and dashboards; passion for effective data visualization
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to gather business requirements, scope and plan projects, and implement, deliver and document custom solutions
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate technical information simply and effectively both in-person and remotely (particularly with users/stakeholders for whom English is not a first language)
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Proven track record of achieving results in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Ability and desire to travel internationally (up to 10%)
- Salesforce administrator certification
- Experience collating and normalizing data from different sources to support better decision making
- Some facility with SQL and/or SOQL querying languages
- Prior success as member of a multi-national team
- Prior experience building relationships and training others over a distance
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org