We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Temporary News Operations Editor will coordinate field live shots and transmission for all CNN platforms. This includes working with editorial staff to approve live requests and coordinating with show technical programming managers on the logistics that support those live shots.
- Manage tape and live feeds from field teams and domestic bureaus.
- Work with editorial staff to ensure content is appropriately disseminated.
- Partner with the editorial planning team to manage day-to-day and future assignments of CNN trucks, mobile transmission devices and other resources.
- Communicate live/logistics information to necessary editorial and production staff to support coverage needs.
- Allocate resources for a variety of assignments, ranging from a live guest booking to a large-scale production during breaking news or major planned events.
- 4-6 years of newsgathering experience in a similar operational and logistics role, preferably with an editorial background
- General awareness and understanding of global news
- Extensive, detailed operational knowledge of field production and electronic newsgathering systems and techniques
- Expertise in burgeoning newsgathering technologies: i.e., Bonded Cellular, digital newsgathering, alternative transmission and communication methodologies
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced news environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to thrive under constant deadline pressures
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org