The Celestar Corporation has been issued an IMMEDIATE Task Order to provide support to the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). As a result, we’re looking for a Program Analyst who will be seated in Washington, DC. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to post for this challenging opportunity.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: A Secret security clearance is required for the position; however, the Analyst can begin work with an interim Secret clearance
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: One (1) Year from the Date of Assignment with the potential for four (4) follow-on Option Years.
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S.interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
INL keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, Executive Office Management Assistance and Post Support (MAPS) division is responsible for supporting INL’s post-award contract management function. The division’s customers include INL program managers, contracting officers (CO), and contracting officer’s representatives (COR). MAPS professionals serve as information brokers between contract management stakeholders in acquisition, resource management, and corporate communities. MAPS closely teams with stakeholders to monitor contractor performance, ensure that cost, service quality and delivery schedules are in compliance with terms and conditions of the contract, and to ensure the application of sound financial management and administrative control.
The Program Analyst will report to his/her contracting company. The Analyst works most closely with INL/EX/MAPS. The contracting company works most closely with the Contracting Officer (CO), and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). The Analyst shall maintain open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/EX/MAPS Team Leader and, as appropriate, with the INL/EX/MAPS Director and Deputy Director on issues falling under the scope of work, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
Hours for this full time position will be the core hours of INL/EX/MAPS: Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day. The level of effort for this position is equivalent to a Program / Management Analyst Level 5.
The physical work location is the INL office at State Annex-1, 2401 E Street NW Washington, DC 20006. TRAVEL Travel for this position is authorized in accordance with the award and shall not exceed the designated ceiling.
GOVERNMENT FURNISHED EQUIPMENT
DoS will provide the Program Analyst with office space, computer, phone, and other required equipment and supplies necessary to complete all job requirements. DoS will own and maintain all furnished property.
This BPA Call provides for mandatory training for DOS-specific equipment, systems, and processes (reference 13 FAM 300 Agency Mandated Training), which shall be completed promptly and in accordance with Department policy. These trainings do not require INL Contracting Officer approval. Travel related training (i.e. FACT (CT650), HTSOS-C etc.), may be required, if applicable. The PM shall coordinate with INL/EX/GAPP to determine if applicable and if INL Contracting Officer approval is required prior. All other training requires INL Contracting Officer approval.
The Program Analyst serves as a member of a team responsible for financial management, property management, and contract administration for a specific region or country as well as functional contracts. Each team is responsible for managing the full post-award life cycle of assigned contracts to optimize INL’s accountability on these high visibility programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, and conducts program analyses of substantial scale and impact regarding highly complex, multi-million dollar projects that significantly impact international
- Supports program managers in complying with management policies and procedures, including those contained in the Foreign Affairs Manual, Federal Acquisition Regulation, and other regulatory sources
- Assists with coordinating contract management activities between multiple contractors, Department offices and bureaus, INL’s program offices and posts, as well as with other government agencies.
- Assists with coordinating, tracking, record-keeping, and facilitating the reutilization of INL property assets. Supports the Industrial Property Management Specialist with planning, analyzing, and recommending actions in support of Bureau policies for reutilization of assets.
- Assists senior MAPS Division and other Bureau program stakeholders in coordinating and planning contract management activities such as quality assurance programs for advising and mentoring services, life support, mission support, logistics operations, security operations, IT/communications support, contractor pre-deployment training and in-country program management
- Conducts in-depth studies of the technical aspects of project requirements to ensure that they are taken into consideration when making recommendations to senior managers.; may also be required to provide technical oversight, coordination, analysis, review, quality assurance and scheduling oversight of projects
- Makes recommendations to senior staff, both in-country and at headquarters, on how best to implement changes to improve performance with respect to projects, programs, End Use Monitoring of donated assets, and property utilization
- Builds strong relationships with all stakeholders to achieve greater visibility on program and project implementation
- Provides guidance to colleagues on management of complex projects
- Works closely with other program and property analysts in the development, maintenance and monitoring of integrated project and property-related management systems
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes substantive recommendations regarding the content and impact of policy documents, contracts, interagency agreements, grants, contractor proposals, project reports, and End Use Monitoring reports
- Drafts position papers and reports presenting, defending, or justifying the Department’s policies relating to the management of INL contracts. Assists with reviewing contract expenditures and reconciles differences between budget and project expenditure reports
- Leads or participates in working groups, coordinates findings, and makes recommendations to senior level officers on appropriate course to follow
- Drafts well-written information and decision memoranda and reports presenting, defending, or justifying management analysis and recommendations
- Attends meetings with other divisions or bureaus; recommends solutions and briefs senior managers, both within and outside the Bureau on outcome of meetings
- Analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives; evaluates programs against short and long-range objectives; effectively manages assigned programs and serves as the initial point of contact for incoming actions from offices both within and outside the Bureau, posts abroad, and other USG agencies, or the private sector on all related issues
- Assists with measuring, assessing, auditing, inspecting, reviewing, and evaluating the effectiveness and control of programs and End Use Monitoring. Resolves audit or inspection activities for assigned projects
- Analyzes, evaluates, assesses, and compiles reports for INL End Use Monitoring; evaluates the effectiveness of INL Posts’ property monitoring procedures; provides technical assistance to Post EUM points of contact related to the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) and property accountability reports; maintains annual EUM reports and prepares briefs and recommendations for senior management detailing the results of monitoring trends
- Provides detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis and support to the Industrial Property Management team for property disposition actions; is knowledgeable on property disposal policies, procedures and practices, and property utilization and donation policies, procedures, and actions
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal regulations in regard to area of specific need
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience facilitating organizational change
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the project management field, including mastery of concepts, principles, laws and regulations associated with the broad areas of international relations, particularly as it relates to the development and implementation of post conflict and emerging development programs
- One (1) year of this experience must be equivalent to the GS-12 level in the federal service
- Demonstrated understanding of contract administration principles, regulations and procedures, including US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and commercial procurement procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, as well as the ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, working on and bearing responsibility for several simultaneous in-country projects while keeping the overall program and bureau goals in perspective
- Demonstrated ability to operate both independently and as part of a team as an effective team member
- Demonstrated understanding of DOS Acquisition Regulations (DOSAR)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org