A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage a Speakers Bureau Assistant in a long-term, on-site, temporary position that supports an internal team which recruits and manages the experiences of speakers for the organization’s annual Policy Conference.
The Speakers Bureau Assistant will provide critical logistical support in managing internal client relationships and speaker’s experiences in the lead-up, during and following the conference.
Brainstorm Creative Resources typically maintains a focus on recruitment for creative and editorial services positions. We are recruiting for this position at the request of a long-term client --one we have supported on an annual basis for more than ten years-- who has asked us to stretch beyond our typical parameters, to help with their search.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow up with event speakers who have not responded to invitations, and keep the Speakers Bureau team informed regarding the status of outstanding invitations.
2. Respond promptly to speakers’ inquiries and track speaker requests.
3. Manage confirmed speakers’ registrations and guest requests, coordinate travel arrangements with the organization's travel agency, and assist with hotel arrangements.
4. Maintain, in real time, accurate speaker records in our internal database.
5. Work with the organization's internal clients, including responding to inquiries, track and follow up on client requests.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Previous experience in client-facing or customer service roles, both individually and as part of a team.
2. Perform calmly and efficiently in high-pressure, fast-paced situations, including delegating responsibilities, multi-tasking, and making thoughtful decisions in a high-stakes environment.
3. Must have strong attention to detail and be able to manage time wisely.
4. Ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively and independently as they emerge.
5. Full competency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and able to learn other databases and applications.
6. Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and partners inside and outside the organization.
7. Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org