This position is responsible for the oversight of the Atlanta Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) Team to ensure quality program and service delivery and compliance with agency, community, and funding standards. This includes staff and intern supervision, grant and budget management, program implementation, interdepartmental collaboration, and outreach & advocacy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach, and evaluate ILS staff
- Lead ILS staff in setting appropriate individual and team goals and objectives
- Provide personal and professional development opportunities and support to program staff
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff and with other program managers to ensure quality, team-based service provision
Program and Grants Management and Budget Oversight:
- Develop annual goals, projections, and performance standards for program grants, and ensure these are met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Plan and manage department budget, reviewing it on at least a quarterly basis with the finance manager and ensuring that expenses do not exceed income
- Provide ILS forecasts to leadership, technical support organization, community agencies, and grantors on an ongoing basis
- Participate in grant writing for renewal grants and grant acquisition activities for new opportunities
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, and procedures for ILS Team, within the framework of Atlanta’s strategic goals.
Program Evaluation and Reporting:
- Complete and submit reports to grantors and US leadership in a timely manner
- Ensure partnership commitments with churches are clear, robust, and implemented effectively
- Perform monthly quality control tasks to ensure accurate reporting
- Formally and informally solicit client feedback about service provision, including feedback from immigrant community leaders on at least a quarterly basis
Internal Communication & Collaboration:
- Develop or review client service systems and tools with other team managers
- Collaborate with Immigration Programs Technical Unit on difficult legal questions, program management, recognition & accreditation, strategic planning, etc.
- Create and implement mission-fulfillment plans with churches and volunteer coordinators.
- Participate in conference calls and regular communication with organizational leadership.
- Advocate and outreach in the community for World Relief’s ILS services and local immigration needs
- Attend all state, organization, and coalition meetings as appropriate
- Participate in and help develop networks of churches and church leaders focused on immigrant ministry and serving their local community or facilitate the creation of new networks as needed
- Give presentations and educational talks as requested on the work of the church among immigrants, the theological basis for the work, and the specific mission and work of World Relief.
- Promote understanding of and church participation in advocacy efforts around issues of immigration, immigration reform and just treatment of vulnerable immigrants.
- DOJ (Department of Justice) Accredited or Licensed Attorney highly preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision, and in collaboration with others
- Skill in organizing, coordinating and implementing various components of a project, and ability to provide accountability to ensure objectives are met
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Educational background in Business Management, Nonprofit Management, Masters of Social Work or
- International Relations strongly preferred
- Personal Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable people
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of World Relief
- Familiarity with Immigration law, practice or policy
- Previous cross-cultural experience required
- You must be able to demonstrate previous strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Previous management experience required
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to sit/stand multiple hours at a desk.
- Entering data through computer keyboard & mouse, retrieving documents from printer, standing at copier or fax machine, and frequent attaching and removing staples. Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Normal office setting
- Equipment used
- Personal computer (desktop or laptop), calculator, printer, fax, and copier.
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be required.
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and bending.
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer, and copier.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and is always under review.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org