UNCDF China requires a Communication and Public Relations Consultant to establish and consolidate UNCDF presence in China. The consultant will ensure that UNCDF initiatives and projects are well communicated and gets the right attention and engagement of key players in China and along the global community of DFS practitioners. The consultant is expected to produce high quality communication materials that are innovative, on-brand and designed to showcase the achievements of UNCDF and its partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will focus on four major work areas related to communication, public relations, and marketing:
Strategy and planning:
The expert will be responsible of the development of a well-documented and clearly defined Communication and Marketing Strategy that will boost UNCDF’s brand recognition in the inclusive digital economy space in China.
- Develop and implement a Communication and Marketing Strategy and an annual workplan that promotes and enhances the work of UNCDF China and the Financial Innovation Lab (FIL);
- Ensure that the Communication and Marketing plan is executed within time and budget, keeping key stakeholders informed;
- Coordinate activities with other i3 programme partners;
- Manage engagement metrics for the FIL and UNCDF China, establish benchmark metrics and reporting regularly on the performance of deliverables;
- Manage inventory of events, media coverage, and content produced by UNCDF China and FIL;
- Manage key stakeholders list with key profiles to be used for content distribution and event organization.
Content production and marketing:
Ensure the production and dissemination of high-quality content relating to UNCDF work in China. The consultant will be disseminated through the right channels to reach the right audiences efficiently and effectively.
- Produce and regularly update corporate promotional material for UNCDF China and FIL;
- Develop and deliver compelling multimedia and social media stories, highlighting the impact of UNCDF and its partners;
- Develop the FIL newsletter and contribute to the Asia section of UNCDF newsletter;
- In partnership with external vendors, proactively lead and manage the, design, production, print, and dissemination of communication and learning materials. These materials might include toolkits, guidelines, white papers, reports, videos, infographics, case studies and executive summaries. The consultant will be responsible to control timeline and budget for all the communication projects;
- Draft press releases, speaking notes, news items and other related content; provide design and editorial support for presentation decks and written materials.
Engage regularly with UNCDF stakeholders through various online and offline platforms to ensure increasing visibility and awareness about UNCDF work in China.
- Lead specific key events – organized by UNCDF and external parties relevant for FIL and UNCDF China– including defining theme, suggesting speakers, framing the content and related messages;
- Advise FIL on engagement strategy with communities of practice;
- Secure media coverage for key events and guest spots on high-value media, press mentions, and interviews;
- Structure marketing partnerships and campaigns with the broader development sector community; regularly engage with influencers to create top of mind awareness about UNCDF’s work and generate following through their network;
- Scan relevant news outlets and bring to team's attention about relevant events, trends or developments UNCDF should know of/ be part of in China.
Ensure that industry standards to the communication, marketing and PR initiatives are applied, in accordance with UNCDF communication guidelines.
- Ensure that UNCDF China and FIL branding is consistent, and content is positioned appropriately for all audiences and channels;
- Liaise with the UNCDF global leads on knowledge management and communications, as well as Partnerships and Communications teams in HQ for necessary approvals, support for implementation, and compliance with UN and UNCDF editorial /branding guidelines;
- Liaise with communication specialists in other countries to keep abreast on what is happening elsewhere and what we can adopt.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout) and the ability to experiment;
- Ability to convey concepts through visuals, graphics, storyboards, and mockups;
- Fluency in digital marketing tools or using relevant analytics tools to measure user engagement;
- Fluency in digital design tools, such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be a plus;
- Fluency in web design and/or maintenance would be a plus;
- Strong project and event management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and execution in craft;
- Time Management: experience managing multiple and competing deliverables;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, communication, public relations, marketing, business, international development or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in field of communication, public relations, marketing or other relevant field at the national or international level;
- At least 3 years of experience in branding, multimedia production, graphic design, web design, print and electronic publishing, or other technical expertise relevant to this ToR (years of experience can overlap between categories);
- At least 1 year of experience in overseeing documents and report production;
- Experience in development questions, financial inclusion concepts and/or digital finance.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin are required. Interview will be conducted in both English and Mandarin.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org