Deadline: 30 Nov 2019
Starting: 1st December 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Location: EuroMed Rights office in Tunis.
Remuneration: EuroMed Rights guarantees a competitive salary based on years of experience, and comparable to similar offered positions in international NGOs in Tunisia.
Other conditions: 12-month contract with possibility of extension over three years. 6-month trial period. 40 hours/week. Six weeks of vacation (30 days).
The Project manager will work on the implementation of a project on the mobilization of Tunisian civil society through the monitoring of relations between Tunisia and the European Union. The project in based in three main intervention themes: “Governance, Democracy and Human Rights”; “Economic and Social Rights (DES), Focus on ALECA” and “Rights of Migrants and Refugees”.
Tasks and assignments
As Project Manager “Tripartite Dialogue on Tunisia-EU relations”, you will join a dynamic and motivated team – in contact with key actors of Tunisian civil society – and you will be able to implement and develop your skills. You will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Relations with Civil Society of the EuroMed region who is responsible for setting priorities and deciding on the allocation of tasks:
- Participate in the monitoring of relations between Tunisia and the EU, mainly in the areas of “Governance, Democracy and Human Rights”, “Economic and Social Rights (DES), focus on ALECA” and “Rights of Migrants and Refugees”;
- Mobilise, monitor and coordinate the work of a Tunisian civil society working group dedicated to the discussion on relations between Tunisia and the EU: “Joint discussion group on Tunisia-EU relations”;
- Organise the various activities related to the project: working sessions of the “Joint discussion group on Tunisia-EU relations”; advocacy missions to the Tunisian authorities, the EU and its Member States; civil society consultations; conferences; training, etc.;
- Reporting on meetings, advocacy missions, consultations, conferences and working sessions;
- Circulate information and keep the members of the “Joint discussion group on Tunisia-EU relations” informed of developments in relations between Tunisia and the EU;
- Develop relations with the various institutional actors involved in the project;
- Ensure the logistics and practical organisation of meetings, training, conferences, advocacy missions of the project.
Profile, skills and background
To be selected for interview, candidates must:
- To hold a university degree (bac+4 minimum) in economics, law, social sciences or equivalent;
- Have two to five years of professional experience in one of the above-mentioned disciplines;
- Have professional experience and a good command of the topics concerned;
- Have a solid knowledge of Tunisian civil society and human rights;
- Be bilingual French/Arabic speaker and have a good English level.
To apply please send by email your CV and a cover letter in French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org