The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) employs 16,800 staff members in 134 countries. For over half a century, UNHCR has helped millions of people to restart their lives. They include refugees, returnees, stateless people, the internally displaced and asylumseekers.
The UNHCR Regional Representation for EU Affairs in Brussels (RREUA) is seeking a: Programme Associate (G-6) for a Temporary Appointment.
The Programme Associate will be part of the Programme unit within RREUA. S/he will work under the supervision of the Senior Admin/Programme Associate. Advice may also be provided by relevant functional units at Headquarters. External contacts are with a broad range of partners and stakeholders, with a particular focus on non profit organisations.
The appointee will have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station in countries and offices under the purview of RREUA, as well as with partners and other stakeholders, to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements. The appointee will have to establish good working relationships with their peers at country level and will be expected to work in accordance with UNHCR’s multi-functional team approach, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders. The appointee will be accountable to perform their duties within their delegated authorities, in line with the UNHCR’s regulatory framework.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the preparation, review and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports of the different UNHCR units and offices, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards;
- Follow up on any change to alignment of results chain, verifying the indicators, budget, prioritization, apportioning needed to measure programme performance, trends and target interventions, contributing to the soundness of the Operation Plan and enhancement of data quality;
- Generate and maintain records of implementation rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis, in co-ordination with the Snr. Project Control Assistant;
- Support the development and implementation of multifunctional team monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions;
- Support the development and progress of activities directly implemented by units and offices, in coordination with the teams concerned;
- Provide support to units and offices with technical advice to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners;
- Support the implementation and performance of partnership agreements through field visits and appropriate physical monitoring if applicable, reviewing performance and financial reports;
- Follow up with UNHCR offices the compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits;
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities related to programme management;
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of project partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects;
- Support the assessment and analysis of the needs of persons of concern in the country/region in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective as basis for planning;
- Provide support to the field through technical advice on resource allocation processes and other programmatic issues;
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and Focus Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis;
- Support UNHCR‘s programming of community of practice and contribute to improvements of programming tools and processes;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience in programme management, the Operation Management Cycle and related processes. Knowledge of Results Based-Management. Computer skills (in MS Office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma plus Advanced Training/Certificate;
- Completion of UNHCR Learning Programmes or specific training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Learning Programme. Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities;
- Experience using Oracle Peoplesoft applications;
- Working knowledge of French and, or Dutch.
Temporary Appointment of 6 months (Maternity leave replacement).
Start date is early January 2020.
Interested candidates must fill in the Personal History (P.11) form in English, including the Letter of Interest section, which can be obtained at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc, The completed Personal History form are to be submitted together with a CV, by Thursday, 28 November 2019 at 23:59 to [email protected] with ‘TA Programme Associate’ and the candidate’s surname in the subject.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNHCR has a zero tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), an unacceptable behaviour and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org