Friends of UNFPA promotes the health, dignity, and rights of women and girls around the world by supporting the life-saving work of UNFPA, the United Nations reproductive health and rights agency, through education, advocacy, and fundraising.
UNFPA is the lead United Nations entity for reproductive health and rights for all. Working in over 155 countries, UNFPA works to end the unmet need for family planning, to end preventable maternal deaths, and to end violence and harmful practices against women and girls.
The Communications Associate will report directly to the Senior Manager of Communications and will support the organization’s online and offline communication needs. S/he will work closely with the Senior Manager of Communications as well as coordinate with the entire Friends of UNFPA team in achieving communications goals.
- Assist the Senior Manager in planning and implementing a communications strategy for Friends of UNFPA. Attend regular meetings to coordinate the communications calendar and strategize on marketing and communications plans.
- Execute a variety of digital marketing communications, specifically email, to various audience segments.
- Assist with the segmentation of lists of supporters to receive various online communications.
- Develop original website articles and other content based on direction from the Senior Manager in order to maintain and increase website traffic and conversions.
- Execute basic website updates and continuously monitor the website for errors.
- Work with the Senior Manager and outside consultants to maintain our Google Adwords campaigns to increase website traffic and conversions.
- Coordinate social media content to elevate the profile of Friends of UNFPA and to increase website traffic and conversions.
- Monitor trends in website, social media tools, applications, channels, and strategy.
- Stay up to date on messaging and relevant news articles to share with team and for the development of original website content.
- Assist in drafting reports for online crowd funding platforms.
- Work with the Senior Manager to ensure synergy of branding and messaging across all communication platforms.
- Assist in editing and proofreading all communications.
- Assist Senior Manager in overseeing Communications Interns.
- Bachelors Degree
- One to Two years of related or applicable experience
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Interest in creative communications
- Working knowledge of HTML and understanding of web user interface: layout, design, color, typography, and image manipulation skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced team environment, and prioritize deliverables
- Strong organizational, reporting, and analytical skills
- Experience in women’s rights, reproductive health and rights and/or international affairs preferred.
- Good interpersonal and donor relations skills
- Team player with excellent follow-through, time management, attention to detail and humor
- Knowledge in graphic design and design programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator a plus.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and two writing samples by applyng below
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org