The Amazon Web Institute seeks a passionate, results-oriented program manager to join a global team to convene public sector thought leaders in dialogues to find innovative ways to use technology to solve public sector challenges. The can be based in the US, ideally in Washington, DC or in Latin America.
Responsibilities include developing strategies and implementing programs with specific solutions for the public sector. An ideal candidate will have a combination of strong presentation skills; proven record in driving diverse members in a coalition, experience in interacting with officials; drive to achieve; and a natural inclination to articulate and deliver detail driven work plans. Success criteria for this position will be based on delivered impact of innovations into the public sector. The position also requires a strong acumen around key policy issues.
The program manager will cultivate, develop and implement results from AWS Institute dialogues in key areas including government digital transformation, risk, privacy, education and skills, workforce development, and economic development among others. This is a highly collaborative role to work closely with the AWS Institute, sales, public policy, and marketing teams to align priorities and work programs, and with local counterparts for implementation and follow through. The candidate will construct and implement work plans, and curate content. The ideal candidate is an efficient and hands-on strategic thinker, who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume production environment.
The successful candidate should be inquisitive, persistent, enthusiastic about the impact of technology for the public sector, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that the candidate be particularly skilled at project design, management and implementation including complex public policy issues.
- Develop and implement AWS Institute dialogues supporting public sector solutions in Latin America at the federal and local levels.
- Identify the key outcomes and design strategies for actionable items including research, case studies, solutions architecture, scaling up of good practices, among other needs
- Gather, analyze, and communicate information to support business cases and strategies
- Produce written summaries for internal and external communication of outcomes
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Internal and external collaboration for engagement among related stakeholders
- Manage 3rd party or consultant subscriptions
- Develop local memberships and relationships for high level and working level participation in the AWS Institute from the public and private sector
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
- A minimum of 8 years of knowledge and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to information technology-related (IT) issues such as an “innovation agenda” and cloud computing related policies such as IT procurement, national/local government IT and data management reform, IT government policies on infrastructure/applications, information security, privacy protection, liability limitation, Internet access, IT services, corporate compliance, requirements for critical services (such as finance and healthcare), export control and association leadership experience.
- Knowledge of regulation frameworks and level policies related to telecommunications, IT and cloud computing issues is preferred. Experience in supporting public sector sales activities in the US, Canada and Latin America is a plus.
- Experience representing companies before national and local policymakers, with proven significant achievements. That experienced has been gained in industry, trade association or consultancy, preferably but not necessarily in the Internet/tech environment.
- A self-starter with a minimum of 8 years of a proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
A minimum of 8 years of project management and implementation experience.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant discipline (Law, Political Science, Public Policy, etc.). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Fluent English and Spanish is necessary. Additional languages including Portugese would be an asset.
-Master’s degree in international relations, economy, law, political science, computer science or related sectors.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, political and educational institution levels.
-Experience in project design
-Experience in transformation and emerging markets
- Fluent English and Spanish is necessary. Further proficiency in Portugese would be an asset.
-Positive outlook, and always willing to Think Big and try something new.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org