Culmen International, in support of the Africa Center for Strategic Studies (ACSS), is searching for a Subject Matter Expert in African Military Training (AMEP) at African Military Centers for higher learning. The SME will support programs in Africa and 90% of training occurs on the African Continent.
- Develop successful programs with partnered countries that meet both DoS, ACSS mission goals, specifically:
- Improve the effectiveness of professional military education (PME) institutions in Africa. These institutions include; War Colleges, Staff Colleges, Officer Schools and Courses, Pre-Commissioning Schools, and Non-Commissioned Officer Education and Training Courses and Schools.
- The purpose is to promote the long term professionalization of African Militaries.
- Programs are reviewed semi-annually at Department of State and ACSS Director Level for evaluating the overall programs success, management, direction, vision and mission.
- Receive 85% or greater positive participant feedback on the program. - Measured by program evaluations provided at the end of the program.
- Develop efficient processes that integrate AMEP requirements with Chief Management Office (CMO) business practices.
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
- 3+ years of experience living and working on the African continent with a background in mil-to-mil partnerships, conflict management, and/or on issues related to African security sector governance.
- Ability to speak French at a working level (3/3/3)
- Experience as an instructor/faculty member and/or administrator at a Professional Military Education institution.
- Excellent written communication skills (need for writing sample) a. Ability to manage several remote teams, assign tasks and timelines, and coordinate efforts within the framework of overall program objectives.
- Experience working in an overseas embassy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of U.S. foreign policy in Africa.
- Ability to travel 30-50% time (mostly to Africa).
- Master's degree in security studies, international relations, African studies, or related field.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org