Head of HR Operations, US Offices. New York. Posting Date: 01/08/2020. Deadline: 01/31/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your experience as a senior Human Resources professional? We are seeking a Head of HR Operations
to lead the Human Resources operations of our US Offices (500+ employees in New York; Washington, D.C.; and Baltimore).
The Human Resources (HR) team-comprised of over 60 members-sits in our Berlin; London; New York; and Washington, D.C. offices. The team is composed of generalists spanning the North America, Latin America, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, Africa, Southwest Asia, and Asia-Pacific regions, as well as HR specialists (Talent Development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Compensation & Benefits, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and Recruitment).
Our team supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations in over 40 countries. https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/who-we-are/programs As the Head of Operations for US Offices at Open Society, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Manage the HR generalist function, ensuring timely, efficient, and optimal services to US employees and other HR colleagues;
- Advise managers and HR colleagues on local employment practices and compliance with local, state, and federal employment law; maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging employment legislation and codes of practice;
- Oversee the implementation of, and ensure compliance to, human resources policies and procedures in the US; develop and update local policies and processes as needed;
- Lead on the administration of the US payroll, benefits program, and immigration processes, including maintenance of employee files and information;
- Oversee the management of labor relations, grievance procedures, and compliance with the union negotiated contract in the New York and Baltimore offices.
What we offer:
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources, with 4+ years' experience leading and managing HR generalists and operations;
- Experience with building and/or enhancing an HR generalist function in a complex and global environment; experience in non-profit is a plus;
- Experience in HR transformation and building inclusive work environments;
- Capacity to build trusting and collaborative relationships with employees and managers at all levels;
- Proficient knowledge of US employment and immigration laws and regulations; successful experience managing US Labor Relations;
- Experience streamlining and integrating HR systems and processes, and leading local implementation of global initiatives;
- Someone solutions-oriented, who upholds the highest standards of integrity, inclusion, and accountability;
- Monthly travel to the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. offices is required; some international travel expected every year.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
Check out a day in the life of an Open Society colleague here .
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.