Rockwell Automation is seeking a talented government relations and communications professional to join the Global Public Affairs team.
The Manager for Federal Government Affairs & Communications will support the Global Public Affairs department and report to the Vice President Public Affairs, to support, manage and implement Rockwell Automation's stakeholder engagement strategy with policymakers on Capitol Hill, the Administration, industry regulators and key industry associations. The position will also support the Director, Public Affairs as determined with external communications projects and activities. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working at the nexus of people, technology and the future of automation. The representative will work with a diverse set of internal partners and have a proven track record of success in a government affairs environment or on Capitol Hill.
- Under the direction of the VP for Public Affairs, develop and maintain relationships with selected members of Congress, their staff, members of the executive branch and other government officials to further Rockwell Automation’s public policy strategy and protect and enhance the company reputation.
- Work with senior team members, and other members of the global public affairs team to assist in the development of an on-going public policy agenda and strategy.
- Draft, edit and fact-check written materials used for internal and external audiences; materials include briefing memos for management, summaries of regulatory developments, agenda and materials for internal purposes.
- Support management of external relationships with trade associations and other third parties.
- Collaborate among internal and external stakeholders on core issues related to the company’s growth strategy.
- Support the development of key media contacts in the Washington DC area.
- Perform other external communications duties as assigned.
- Develop a deep understanding of the regulatory environment to help advise teams and shape internal policy approach.
- Develop and succinctly communicate the public affairs team’s perspective and point of view to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor, track and report on department impact and engagement activities.
- Work with the VP Public Affairs to review and provide status reports on international, federal and state-level legislation and regulatory activities and actions that have a direct impact on Rockwell Automation’s business, customers and suppliers.
- Attend meetings and events as required to further the team’s and company’s goals.
- Proactively suggest new ideas and initiatives to further Rockwell Automation’s story to relevant audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- B.S. or B.A. in political science, government, public relations, journalism, social sciences, English or related field
- 2 - 5 years of experience working with Congress or the executive branch of the US Government (preference is for Capitol Hill experience).
- Demonstrated focus on details and the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables (Required).
- Some project management experience.
- Self-Starter with a proactive approach to executing tasks.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and power point skills highly desired.
- Ability to present concepts verbally in a professional manner.
- Strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Poised and polished presentation and credibility with senior leaders.
- Understanding of the company's value proposition to customers, differentiation, and strategy.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into clear, concise insights and points.
- A demonstrably capable writer.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to suggest new ideas and solutions, solve problems creatively.
- Team player with ability to work across diverse, cross-office teams.
- Ability to work autonomously and enjoy owning their work and has a strong sense of pride in producing outstanding results.
- Understanding of the federal legislative process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org