Room to Read has experienced tremendous growth since our founding in early 2000 and the Development and Communications Department (DevCom) is responsible for raising the funds necessary to run the organization and implement our high-quality programs. The Global Support Analyst position plays a critical role in supporting the Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO) and Director of Shared Services (DSS) as well as the Senior Leadership Team by providing administrative support, streamlining and prioritizing activities and communicating directly with donors. This position provides a combination of day-to-day support to the CDCO and DSS and will also handle information flow on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team. Based in San Francisco, the Global Support Analyst reports to the Director of Shared Services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
CDCO and DSS support
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the CDCO, including scheduling, travel (flights, hotels, inter-city transportation), expenses, communications, presentations, database updates, and other needs as and when they arise.
- Proactively assess CDCO’s workload and needs to provide assistance streamlining communication and processes. Help to coordinate their workload to ensure they are able to balance meeting needs with time to handle strategic projects.
- Support the CDCO and Director of Shared Services in working with the CEO and Chief of Staff on critical activities including Board of Director materials.
- Support the Director of Shared Services on budgeting, revenue, expenses and timekeeping for the full Development and Communications Team.
- Review documents and materials ahead of the CDCO to ensure the CDCO’s review time is spent as efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate global DevCom meetings and DevCom Senior Leadership Team and Extended Leadership Team meetings across multiple international time zones by setting agendas, note-taking, managing recordings and dissemination of meeting using Microsoft Teams, and managing logistical details.
- Coordinate internal resources pertaining to Room to Read’s ten Regional Boards including supporting DevCom staff with database management for Board members.
- Calculate accurate expense reports and Room to Read credit card statements, flagging irregularities and moving the reports through the approval process.
- Coordinate visits from visiting DevCom remote staff.
- Support onboarding and training for new DevCom staff at a global level when needed.
- Draft presentations/pitches for corporations, foundations, schools, and prospective donors.
- Coordinate donor correspondence for the CDCO’s donor portfolio, including: personalized acknowledgments, stewardship reports, donor project reports, and other outreach to donors / prospects.
- Assist the Senior Leadership Team in coordinating and preparing for donor meetings and conferences; serve as a liaison between the DevCom team in the San Francisco HQ and SLT members in remote markets.
- Respond to phone inquiries, decide how best to route questions, and draft responses to or respond to selected email messages at the direction of the CDCO.
- Occasional event and mailing support – coordinating logistics, food, etc.
- Other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results-oriented and strong work ethic
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Experience using CRM systems, specifically Salesforce or NGOC
- Experience working in a non-profit environment that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations
- Experience traveling and/or living internationally or working across cultures
- Fundraising experience
- Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org