Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the design and implementation of assessments, surveys, and other monitoring and evaluation tools and activities.
2. Ensure a high quality of data by confirming accurate collection, entering, maintaining and analyzing of data for M&E activities through routine monitoring and review of data, inventory and upkeep of electronic and manual data collection systems (such as SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, printed surveys, etc.), and utilizing bias reduction and data fairness principles.
3. Support activities such as rapid performance assessments, surveys, interviews and focus groups by drafting sections of relevant documents, work plans, reports and other required information. Prepare updates and provide information for the USRAP Oversight Officer.
4. Prepare high quality draft monitoring reports utilizing data visualization and provide input, information and statistics for quarterly, annual or other programme reports and M&E documents.
5. Provide technical support in identifying and adjusting a set of programme O&Is in the context of the multi-year and annual goals and objectives through data analysis and regular data collection systems monitoring, as necessary. Critically analyse existing O&Is and the current data collection methods measuring set indicators and assess achievements towards set objectives. Suggest modifications, updates, and edits to O&Is, data collection methods, data analysis approaches, and reporting mechanisms, as applicable.
6. Participate in evaluations planning by suggesting evaluation questions and methodologies and facilitating timely responses to all evaluations.
7. Support Project Managers and the USRAP Global Team to use data effectively for decision-making such as mining data for the production of informative reports, recognition and analysis of patterns and trends, identification of key data which might require management attention, and targeting data to achieve management and programme objectives. 8. Travel, as necessary, for M&E field activities and exercises. 9. Identify and suggest opportunities for M&E training and programme capacity building. 10. Maintain contacts with internal and external groups and partners and keep abreast of current developments in the M&E field. 11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
• Master’s degree in statistics, business administration, economics, public policy, international development or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• At least 2-4 years of relevant experience (please see above) at the national or international Page 2 / 4 level in monitoring and evaluation, or project development or project management.
• Hands-on experience in design of monitoring tools and/or evaluations, or project design and development is preferred.
• Prior experience with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports;
• Experience with USRAP programmes.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
• Advanced English writing, communication and negotiation skills;
• Skilled in data analysis and data visualization;
• Computer/software literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Languages IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish. For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Required Competencies: Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way. Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.