Concordia seeks an enthusiastic and resourceful Programming Manager to join our global team. You will be a crucial member of a tight-knit team working on cultivating and developing cross-sector partnerships with high-level stakeholders like CEO’S, thought leaders, diplomats, and heads of state.
This role will be at the Manager level.
Summary of Position: The Programming Manager will report to Concordia's Director of Global Programming and will be part of the team responsible for programmatic content at our Global Summits.
- Manage the development and scheduling of Summit agendas, including liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to finalize speaker and agenda related logistics.
- Assist, and in some cases, lead in the development, editing, and publishing of all program materials, including partnership proposals, issue-based memos, session descriptions, speaker briefing materials, social media, and website text.
- On-site and day-of management of the program execution, speaker relationships, and programmatic volunteer oversight for all major events.
- Perform research on Concordia’s programming pipelines, including global challenges, cross-sector partnerships, and innovative development initiatives to help fine-tune program focus and speaker talking points.
- Provide guidance to Comms department on the development of original content that may profile programming partners and key speakers.
- Help shape Concordia’s narrative on particular issue areas, connecting the dots between year-round programming across international Summits, roundtables, and working groups.
- Brainstorm creative programming formats and lead new initiatives in curating issue-based working groups.
Research and Relationship Building
- Research and identification of industry leaders, social entrepreneurs, innovative corporate executives, partnership practitioners, and public sector influencers, to complement high-level speaker list and fill gaps where needed.
- Build individual speaker and institutional partner relationships, liaise with key points of contact, and develop programming content with external partners.
- Help carry out major speaker recruitment push- writing/sending/editing invites, tracking responses and delivering reports from our database.
- Build day-of materials for the Summit including speaker briefing materials and participant-oriented content.
- Lead in management of high-level speaker teams before, during, and after major events.
- Keep digital records and CRM up to date with accurate and thorough speaker, programming partner, programming advisors information and provide guidance to supporting programming staff to ensure this is always up to date.
- Liase with the speaker registration desk during the Annual Summit and all relevant events to ensure smooth check-in process for speakers and speaker staff.
- Must be able to manage multiple relationships at the same time.
- Hyper-detail oriented and highly skilled with written and verbal communication
- Client management and/or project management experience a plus, but not required
- Experience and/or knowledge of global development work
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Master’s degree and/or at least 4 years of work experience.
- Passionate and actively informed on foreign affairs, current affairs, and the social impact space.
- Strong listening and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to various audiences, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with high-level contacts and comfortable briefing and interacting with high-profile cross-sector leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, and respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Deadline-oriented and calm under pressure.
- Willingness to work late nights and weekends in lead up to special projects and international events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required, experience with InDesign, WordPress, and/or Civi CRM preferred.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
Concordia is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to actively fostering, elevating, and sustaining cross-sector partnerships for social impact. As equal parts convener, idea incubator, and partnership broker, Concordia aims to create a global community where challenges are solved collaboratively and inclusively.
With the support of our members, partners, and advisors, Concordia facilitates social impact through our events and partnerships. Concordia believes in the partnership model as a holistic approach to addressing the world’s most pressing issues, as it pairs the knowledge and expertise of the nonprofit and public sectors while leveraging resources from the private sector.
In one document, please send a cover letter, resume and references to our Human Resources Department by applying below.