Legal Data Support Specialist, Office of the General Counsel. New York. Posting Date: 01/29/2020. Deadline: 02/16/2020
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your skills? We are seeking a Legal Data Support Specialist based in New York to join us on a permanent basis to support our legal systems.
The Open Society Foundations is a global network of foundations and offices committed to local knowledge and national expertise that works to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is a very active global group with staff in New York, Berlin and London. OGC focuses in the short term on transactional legal advice and compliance; in the medium term on policy making and good governance; and in the long term on helping make OSF an enduring philanthropy. As a Legal Data Support Specialist at Open Society, you will:
What we are looking for:
- Working with members of the Office of the General Counsel and Information Technology department to support the organization's contract management system, compliance checking system, and other systems, including reviewing and prioritizing enhancements, trouble shooting, and system testing
- Assisting users of relevant systems by triaging requests, including reporting on patterns and trends with system issues
- Assisting with preparation of reports, lists, status charts, and data management integral to the department
- Assisting with the review of compliance related data that effect the processing of transactions, including conflict of interest and U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control risk
- Reviewing and drafting legal documents under various levels of supervision
- May provide meeting support, (e.g., scheduling meetings, set-up for trainings, and ensuring meeting conference room and equipment are available)
Desirable (but not required):
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail, and organization skills
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and proactive problem solving skills
- Commitment to the Open Society Foundations' values of diversity and inclusion
What we offer:
- Knowledge of Salesforce reporting or other CRM platform and relational database concepts
- Experience working with multiple clients to resolve issues, and interacting with high needs clients
- Demonstrated experience and desire to make operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and a resume; We look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.