The Senior Associate Dean for Administration
The Schar School of Policy and Government invites applications for The Senior Associate Dean for Administration. The Senior Associate Dean for Administration reports to and supports the Dean on administrative matters within the Schar School of Policy and Government. This term renewable administrative faculty position is not eligible for tenure and functions as the chief operating officer of the school. More specifically, this position is responsible for (1) day-to-day operations of the school and (2) enhancing the internal organization processes and infrastructure that will allow the School to grow and fulfill its mission. Together with the dean, this position, the associate dean for program faculty, and the associate dean for academic affairs comprise the leadership team of the school.
- Manages the directors of admissions, fiscal services, human resources, funded research and extramural projects, and development and alumni relations to oversee the overall functions of these offices including financial and planning activities, reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics and enrollment, and ensuring that relevant data are presented to the Dean and Leadership Team;
- Assures that effective and efficient communication is taking place within the School and advises the Dean as to the status of the School’s progress toward its long-term financial stability as described in the Schar School Business Plan. Under the Dean’s guidance this position develops short-term and long-term strategic plans for the school ensuring consistency with the broad strategic goals of the university;
- Develops, administers, executes and monitors the budgets and grants for the school. The responsibilities of this position are highly detail-oriented;
- Serves as the school’s liaison with internal units, external organizations and the professional community;
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Terminal degree (PhD or JD), preferably related to public policy, public administration, international affairs, government, or education;
- Minimum 6 years of senior level administrative/leadership experience in higher education or 10+ years administrative/leadership experience in a related field;
- Prior experience regularly exercising discretionary actions, professional discretion, and judgment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated responsibility for supervision and evaluation of a significant number of staff and/or professional administrative faculty;
- Demonstrated budgetary responsibility.
- Experience in higher education;
- Familiarity/experience in research at a university;
- Interest in public policy issues.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org