The Foundation for Ethnic Understanding is looking for a Chief of Staff, to work closely with the organization's founder and President.
The Chief of Staff serves as a key member of the organization, responsible for the central coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information. He will oversee and liaison with the local & overseas staff.
For more information on the work FFEU does, go to ffeu.org
• Anticipate the needs of the Founder
• Ensure information flow to and from the executive office, via all types of venues (forums, correspondence, speeches, conferences, retreats, etc.)
• Facilitate communication and work closely with the leadership and executive management team.
• Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
• Act as the Founder’s representative and ambassador to external constituents as directed
• Oversee the Office and Global Program staff.
• Assist in relationship building with various Board members
• Track, monitor and follow the progress of projects, action items, strategies that emanate from the executive's cabinet, executive committee, etc.
• Develop memos, communiqués, and correspondence.
• Prepare agendas, identify meeting participants,
• Collect, prepare, and distribute appropriate briefing materials
• Ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken
• Initiate subsequent follow-up meetings and communication for key stakeholders as directed
• Work with the Administrator to ensure accuracy, coordination, and prioritization of the calendar
• Review correspondence and draft responses for the Founder as appropriate, or forward to the appropriate person for response and/or reply
• Off Hour availability & some travel
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree required;
• Master’s in Public Administration, Business Administration, International Relations, preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years in a relevant Organization, International Relations, Muslim-Jewish relations, Consulate, Embassy, State or National Congressional or Senate Office.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong managerial ability. Ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels and to work collaboratively across functions, levels and departments toward shared objectives.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a Global team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on a timely and organized basis.
• Sound management skills, ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org