Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS' relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Campaign Content & Action Team supports the strategy and implementation of issue-based campaigns within the Mission and Mobilization division to build a movement of millions of people in the United States to increase the Church's impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence and injustice through targeted bilingual and bicultural action to advance CRS' vision of integral human development for all.
The Campaign Chapter Action Specialist is focused on the sequencing of bilingual (English/Spanish) advocacy and fundraising activities within chapter-based organizing for all issue-based campaigns in Mission and Mobilization. This role will oversee the direction, implementation, as well as the monitoring, evaluation and optimization of actions in accordance with campaign metrics and goals for CRS' chapter-based organizing and constituent engagement.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Develop campaign calendar of actions for constituents and support the implementation of that strategic sequencing of advocacy actions and activities in line with Agency fundraising strategy for CRS' chapters in collaboration with departments across the agency.
- Evaluate and monitor data from the agency's Analytics Team to understand chapter engagement and actions, as well as opportunities to deepen the effectiveness of campaign actions in collaboration with the division's Program Quality and Design Manager and Knowledge Management team.
- Support CRS chapters by ensuring regional Volunteer Managers and Trainers have appropriate educational and training resources for campaign actions, including organizing monthly national conference calls with guest speakers, advocacy legislative updates and other relevant information for chapter members and leaders.
- Liaise with the Hispanic Engagement team to ensure appropriate planning of campaign actions for chapters and issue-based campaigns with Hispanic Catholic and university audiences.
- Determine the focus, timing and participants for lobby days and other national events, and coordinate implementing these events with the Campaign Instructional Design & Training lead, Events and Fulfillment Officer and Content team.
Education and Experience --
- Bachelor's degree required in International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy and/or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of advocacy, international affairs, community organizing or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of Congressional processes and effective constituent engagement.
- Strong multicultural competency, particularly with Hispanic/Latino communities.
Required Language -- English
Travel-- Ability to travel in the U.S. as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize various initiatives and priorities.
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills, and ability to guide strategy across divisions and initiatives.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of U.S. Catholic church structures and audiences, as well as other faith-based and non-denominational chapter-based/community organizing.
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities -- None
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions --CRS Headquarters office in Baltimore or as agreed to work-from-home arrangement.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org