The International Center for Religion & Diplomacy (ICRD) is seeking to immediately hire a Program Assistant or Program Officer who will work with the entire ICRD team to provide support for specific ICRD projects – particularly focused on the Saudi Arabia program portfolio and a research program entitled “Engaging Conservative Faith Actors in Preventing Violent Extremism” – and the active development of grant proposals for additional programming. The tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Program administrative support including: management of financial aspects of activities for assigned projects, including (but not limited to) monitoring project expenses against donor and annual budgets, monitoring labor spending against approved budgets, reviewing general ledger transactions for appropriateness and accuracy, and correcting budget and coding problems in a timely manner;
- Draft, review and submit quarterly or annual project reports, and other material such as M&E results, success stories, donor visits and project timeline;
- Participate in new business development efforts, including contributing to proposal preparation (such as drafting background and context analyses, monitoring and evaluation plans, logical frameworks and risk analyses);
- Project oversight, including ensuring that projects achieve contractual deliverables with technical distinction, meet fiscal targets, and are well planned, resourced and properly tracked;
- Partner communications and logistical support, including review of and support for the development of contractors' scopes of work and recommend payment mechanisms;
- Development of program resources, including methodologies, research surveys, and workshop curricula;
- Research and data analysis;
- Develop in-depth understanding of ICRD policies and procedures as well as funder rules and regulations;
- Possible travel to assist with field-programming and training logistics;
- Other tasks as designated by ICRD senior staff;
- (As possible: translation between Arabic and English, both oral and written).
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Meaningful experience in supporting project management, administration, and implementation;
- Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
- Commitment to religious pluralism and religious freedom;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
- Ability to handle multiple competing deadlines, as well as adapt to differences in cultural and professional styles across country contexts;
- Effective at working as part of a team in a diverse and fluid environment;
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of relevant experience in International Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Religious Studies or related field (with a focus in the MENA region, preferred) or Master’s Degree in same.
Additional Skills – some or all of the following are preferred:
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic strongly preferred;
- Experience in proposal writing;
- Experience in grants management, including working with USG grant mechanisms;
- Experience in program design;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
Salary Range: $32,000 to $38,000 (Program Assistant) or $38,000 to $45,000 (Program Officer) annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To be considered for a Program Assistant or Program Officer position, please compile your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and references into a single Word or PDF document and send to Carrie Ertel at [email protected]. Please label the attachment: “Last Name First Name_ICRD Program Assistant/Officer Application”.
- Cover Letter – Include a brief overview of your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in working with ICRD.
- Résumé – Include your professional and educational experience and language skills (specify level of oral and written skills).
- Writing Sample – Please submit two 1-3 page writing samples of your choice (may be excerpts from longer essays), feel free to submit an Arabic translation as well.
- References – Please submit the name, phone number, and email of two-three references. At least one of these should be a professional reference, the others can be professional or academic references.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org