As part of the Donor Services Team, the Gift Operations Associate reports directly to the Senior Associate Director of Donor Services. This position is responsible for executing secure and efficient gift processing procedures, including providing reporting and analytic support to fundraising teams around gift operations, monitoring PCI compliance, and providing support to MD&C and the Salesforce Admin around Sponsorship operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track, report and improve recurring revenue collection metrics, such as credit card decline rate, collection call success rate, decline recovery rate
- Define, document and communicate gift processing rules (for individual contribution, foundation contribution, workplace contribution, charge, refund, chargeback, etc) to balance between meeting supporters’ requirements and efficient/scalable operations
- Serve as the gift processing escalation point for complex cases, large amount charge/refund authorization, etc
- Collaborate with various fundraising colleagues when new campaigns are launched to ensure gifts are processed efficiently, securely and also maintain our data integrity
- Ensure high-quality, accurate donor and gift information while meeting daily departmental deadlines. This includes quality checking checks keyed in-house, updating payments and pledges in Salesforce, updating gifts from our offsite gift processing vendor, providing support to fundraising team around reporting and analytics, and trouble-shooting any issues with data feed between platforms as they arise
- Document policy and procedures to maintain PCI compliance status
- Provide training to internal users for secure gift processing.
Membership Matching Support
- Provide support for Sponsorship matching between program beneficiaries and sponsors.
- Liaison with Salesforce Admin to ensure that matching & closeout processes are working smoothly to fulfill MD&C and GPU needs.
- Maintain up-to-date business procedures around matching and closeouts to implement internal policies and any new business needs
Operations Team Support
- Liaison with Salesforce Admin to manage gift processing and matching/re-matching applications in Salesforce & - Springboard: quality control, troubleshooting, and escalating problems
- Identify opportunities to improve operations efficiencies, and work with IT team to shape requirements and perform user acceptance testing
- Liaison with and support the Development Senior Associate roles around gift operations, including reporting
- Prepare regular internal reports within area of responsibility
- Provide back-up to Operations colleagues as requested, such as data entry, membership account updates, letter processing
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Management, Accounting, or related fields
- Minimum of two years of experience in payment processing or customer services within a development operations or membership services environment
- Excellent computer skills with MS Word and Excel; familiarity with other CRM and fundraising applications a plus
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data and systems; ability to identify areas to increase efficiency a plus
- Proven ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively
- Strong verbal communication and documentation skills on processes, code and functions
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org