We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Corporate Partnerships team harnesses the power of the private sector to fuel sustainable global health solutions by prioritizing high ROI opportunities and matching them to the best partners. Our innovative and creative team partners with leading Fortune 500 companies to support programs operating in more than 30 countries.
We seek a Partnership Coordinator to support the Corporate Partnerships team to expand existing and secure new partnership opportunities. Immersed deeply in the worlds of corporate social responsibility, global health, and international development, you will perform a vital role to the team through duties such as pipeline research and outreach, scheduling, database management, budget coordination, and ad hoc partnership support. The Coordinator should be as comfortable and confident speaking with Fortune 500 companies as ordering catering for meetings, cold calling to schedule meetings with clients and stepping in to help relationship managers with projects. The Coordinator understands that their role is vital to meeting deadlines, completing projects on time, and the overall success of the Corporate Partnerships team.
Sound like you? Read on.
YOU WILL…be doing something different every day!
Some examples include:
Research and Outreach
- Research, analyze, compile, and manage potential partners and connector pipeline. Proactively make partnership and pitch recommendations. Schedule appointments with clients, create meeting brief materials, ensure delivery and receipt of pre-disposition materials, capture notes from meetings, and ensure adequate follow-up.
Data and Deliverables
- Support team with record keeping, data management, and project deliverables. For example, take notes during meetings and compile those notes into project memos, collect and input data in Salesforce, review and format project deliverables and written reports.
Meeting, Event, and Travel Coordination
- Research worthwhile conferences to attend and prospect for the team. Support with the setting up of prospect meetings and provide logistical support. Lead on the organisation of team prospective events including venue selection, scheduling, catering, room set-up, and tear-down. Make travel arrangements, including flights, lodging, and transport. Trouble-shoot issues as they arise.
- Track team expenses, manage invoices, and consultant and vendor set-up. Lead monthly updates to assess budget and notify team leaders immediately if budget abnormalities arise.
- Work with other departments within the organization to strengthen sales and program materials. Help gather and develop content for partner communication such as the newsletter and regular emails. Exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Organize internal team meetings and prepare itineraries. Proactively review current news and alert team to partnership opportunities, trends, or red flags. Provide administrative support to team as needed.
- From time to time, other duties not stated above may also require the support of the coordinator as determined by senior colleagues.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Education: BA in Communications, Business, International Relations, or related field preferred.
- Tech Savvy: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce proficiency preferred.
- Experience: You've had exposure to a fast-paced office environment with 1-2 years of professional experience, preferably working in corporate fundraising.
- Business Savvy: Interest and understanding of corporate social responsibility, public/private partnerships, and international health communications.
- Communication: Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. You're great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support. You're a people person that is able to hold your own in conversations with partners and prospects.
- Language: English required; French or Spanish a plus
- Analytical: Well organized, critical thinker who enjoys tackling problems, creating and following processes, and has a knack for managing budgets.
- Initiative: You are proactive - you see a need and you meet it. You're bold. You stay positive when faced with challenges, manage your time effectively, and communicate with your team efficiently.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org