Global Immersion is a peacemaking organization that trains people of faith to engage our divided world in restorative ways. Over the last nine years, we’ve worked with thousands of faith leaders from coast to coast through our immersive approach to formation. As a result, a community of Everyday Peacemaking is springing to life in homes, churches, boardrooms, universities, and cities throughout the country. The movement looks like pastors, poets & parents, teachers & artists, and students & grandparents joining God’s restorative mission in subtle and profound ways. The next phase of Global Immersion’s life is dawning and we are eager to welcome our next teammate onto our bi-national team of practitioner-leaders who are humble, creative, and collaborative.
As a team, we seek to embody the message of Everyday Peacemaking with one another. In order to do so, we hold one one another accountable to being healthy (through personal and communal practices that promote holistic health), humble (through embodying a growth mindset and committing to lifelong teachability), and smart (through consistent evaluation and professional development). We are a team that prioritizes the relationships with God, self, team, clients, and partners and that works at a sustainable pace. We are attentive, intentional, and responsive to one another and our world and choose counsel, diversity, and collaboration over independence.
Global Immersion’s Director of Operations is an essential role for developing and implementing a comprehensive infrastructure strategy that promotes our organizational, programmatic, and financial health, growth, efficiency, and stability. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership and/or management experience in a nimble, innovative setting. Her/his organizational, communication, and leadership skills have been honed by experience and receptivity to feedback. S/he is motivated to develop solutions that stabilize, scale, and streamline an organization, its products, and its revenue. S/he enjoys working collaboratively to develop strategies that increase the capacity, reach, and impact of our work. Because team culture is so important to us, the ideal candidate will prefer being on a team that believes that flourishing interpersonal relationships enhances our ability to work together toward a shared goal. As a Global Immersion teammate, s/he is committed to lifelong personal growth, is humble, and prioritizes relationships over religious dogma. S/he follows Jesus and has a passion for seeing diverse people of faith engaging our divided world in restorative ways.
- Adept at bringing together and managing a team with a common set of goals toward a shared mission.
- An innovative thinker, initiative taker and creative problem solver with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Creative, thorough, and thoughtful on the use of strategic tools to increase organizational efficiency.
- A relationally-driven team player who positively and productively impacts a team and its strategies.
- Comfortable in a self-driven environment where being resourceful and responsive are essential.
Internal Organizational Responsibilities
- As a member of Global Immersion’s Directors Team, you will provide vision, leadership, and oversight of Global Immersion’s strategies related to organizational operations, Human Resources, and finance.
- Contribute to regular meetings relevant to position and responsibilities: Current meeting structure for this role includes:
- Bi-weekly Directors Team meetings
- Weekly Staff Tactical meetings
- Monthly Full Team Strategy meetings
- Monthly One-to-Ones with members of the Directors Team
- Monthly Budget/Finance meetings
- Remain competent and current through professional reading, developing contacts, attending development courses, and participating in training and/or courses as necessary and possible.
- Contribute to the overall success of Global Immersion by participating in special projects deemed mission critical by the Directors Team.
- Collaborate with the Directors Team in the development of performance goals, long-term operational plans, and scaling strategies.
- Develop and analyze current operational processes, and performance, recommending and implementing solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Facilitate data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM).
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize reach and minimize costs.
- Build and maintain relationships with all teammates, contractors, external partners to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Facilitate management of our office space.
- Facilitate the development of the organizational annual budget and monitor financial health, providing regular updates to the Directors Team and Advisory Team.
- Develop and oversee all project-based budgets and facilitate the annual audit.
- Work in partnership with the development/fundraising function of the organization to ensure sound growth strategies, financial plans, and benchmarks.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Serve as the human resources lead in a way that maintains a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Uphold and maintain organizational policies and standards, ensuring regulations are followed
- Ensure the organization remains compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate our annual 360 Review process.
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Facilitate monthly One-on-One meetings with members of the Directors Team for:
- Mission, vision, and strategy alignment
- Ongoing evaluation of roles, responsibilities, and team culture
- Establish and evaluate the Personal Development Plans for team members in order to grow and enhance personal and team capacity.
- Five-to-seven years experience in a leadership or management position in the appropriate field.
- Competency in multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, and employee management.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, innovate, and streamline operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Proven organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Fluency in budget and business plan development.
- Effective conflict-transformation/navigation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM).
- Lives in or is willing to move to the San Diego area.
Send your resume and a 2 minute video that (a) Describes why you’re interested in participating in the mission of an organization that is focused on faith-based peacemaking and (b) Captures your personality to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until April 5th or until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org