The Regional ICT section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking an individual consultant on Technology for Development (T4D), Knowledge Management (KM), and Project Coordination Support (COVID-19).
The Consultant will work in close coordination with the T4D Business Analyst under oversight by the Regional Chief of ICT to address the increased need for T4D and innovation related knowledge management and project coordination support to the East Asia and Pacific Region in the context of COVID-19 outbreak.
Purpose of Assignment:
As the demand for Technology for Development (T4D) solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic rises, Country Offices (COs) start to implement T4D and other innovation initiatives to increase the reach of their response. Knowledge management and strengthened project coordination are needed to ensure COs and their partners learn from each other’s successes and failures. Good practices captured now also offer opportunities for future fundraising.
The Consultant will support the T4D Business Analyst in developing a well-maintained knowledge management system that gathers, extracts, packages, maintains, distributes and continually updates evidence, data and knowledge for internal and external audiences in order to support a culture of appropriate technology use and innovations in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
1. Knowledge management: The EAPRO T4D Covid-19 Response has an operationalized knowledge management function in which data, information and knowledge on T4D initiatives are systematically acquired, continuously upgraded and disseminated to counterparts, partners, donors, media and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Act as Knowledge management focal point under the guidance of the Regional T4D Manager.
• Draw on the EAPRO knowledge management strategy to create a T4D Knowledge Management Action Plan for the COVID-19 response.
• Support the establishment of communities of practice or other forums for learning across COs drawing on expertise of other COs, Regional and HQ T4D and Innovation practitioners.
• Support assessments, review knowledge management products, edit and review feasibility studies.
2. Best Practices and Learning: Lessons learned and best practices in the areas of T4D and innovation for the COVID-19 response are captured and influence UNICEF’s programme policy, official programme guidance and policy dialogue.
• Learning for T4D. In close collaboration with the T4D and Innovation Leads across EAP undertake lessons learned review of successful and unsuccessful initiatives and share observations/findings with the T4D Business Analyst for further dissemination so best practices and insights can benefit UNICEF’s knowledge management work.
3. Project coordination: Capacity on knowledge acquisition, management, and sharing linked to the T4D COVID-19 response is strengthened. UNICEF T4D Practitioners are supported in the production, visualisation and dissemination of high quality KM products.
• Under the supervision of EAP T4D Business Analyst, advise UNICEF T4D and Innovation practitioners on implications for action and policies proposed.
• Support knowledge management activities through information exchange.
• Set-up regular check-in call with practitioners, effective deadline management.
Submission of Deliverables per agreed timeline and quality:
Work Schedule: Work plan and schedule will be agreed upon start of the contract by the consultant and contract’s supervisor.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 50 working days during May-December 2020.
Official Travel: Home-based assignment. The consultancy may need to travel to Country Offices depending on pre-approved requests for technical assistance.
Other skills and attributes:
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed daily professional fee in USD by 30 April 2020.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org