EED is looking for a Programme Assistant Coordinator to support its flexible democracy support work in the Western Balkans, with specific reference to Serbia.
1. Main functions of the post:
- Supporting the implementation of a number of EED grants in the Western Balkans in close coordination with relevant EED staff;
- Supporting assessments of applications and preparing recommendations for EED funding and providing guidance to EED applicants and grantees;
- Supporting the relevant Programme Staff in monitoring EED grantees, including assessment of narrative reports and communication with grantees;
- Assisting the preparation of reports and other documentation for submission to donors, with a specific focus on capturing, collecting and recording data, in particular for media grants.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work under the guidance of the relevant Programme Manager(s) and reports to the Director of Programmes and shall be responsible for (in addition to the above-mentioned):
- Drafting comprehensive narrative reports for EED’s donors and ensuring timely submission of such reports (with all required supporting documents);
- Supporting development of programme related documents for the assigned countries;
- Assisting the monitoring of the progress of initiatives supported by EED, including assessing narrative reports, collecting information on the initiative from other sources , in particular for media grants;
- Assisting in outreach activities and coaching of new potential EED grantees;
- Supporting liaison with the grantees to provide assistance and advice regarding the activities carried out including advice on donor regulations;
- Assisting the assessment of incoming applications and communication with applicants during the review process, providing coaching when needed;
- Supporting liaison between the grantees and EED’s Communications team to ensure the visibility of the initiatives;
- Supporting the implementation of capacity building assistance, provision of platforms for grantees, networking amongst grantees and exchanges among the community of practice;
- Assisting Programme Managers in liaison with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager;
- Carrying out on-site monitoring missions, as required;
- Performing other related tasks as required.
3. Key eligibility and selection criteria:
a. Conditions for eligibility:
- preferably be a national or having permanent residence permit of one of the EU/EEA countries or Switzerland;
- be entitled to his/her full rights as a citizen;
- have completed any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws concerning military service;
- be physically fit to perform his/her duties.
b. Essential selection criteria:
Level and type of formal education:
- degree in Economics, International Affairs, Political or Social Science, Law, International Development or related discipline.
- at least two years of proven full-time professional experience in media and/or civil society-related projects and programmes;
- demonstrated track record in grant-making and/or project management (including reporting);
- experience in working with democracy-support donors in government and/or international organisations and/or from media/civil society;
- experience in working with media and/or civil society in the Western Balkans.
- full professional working knowledge of BHS (languages of Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia) would be highly desirable; other languages of the Western Balkans would be an asset (ability to liaise with grantees and assess narrative reports);
- Experience with media support and monitoring;
- knowledge of grant-making and project management;
- substantive understanding of political issues and trends in the Western Balkans as well as EU policies towards the region;
- field work experience that includes working in the Western Balkans would be an asset;
- solid ICT skills;
- ability to keep full confidentiality about all assigned tasks and related documentation as well as capacity to exercise confidentiality, discretion and tact when dealing with diverse groups of people;
- high degree of communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
- ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally at all levels;
- high personal and professional culture;
- ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- readiness for duty travel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org