FES advances food safety & nutrition through a private sector approach in partnership with various bi-lateral and multilateral organizations, private sector companies, research institutions and non-profit organizations. In partnership with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) FES designed and implements “Business Drivers for Food Safety” (BD4FS), a global program to accelerate adoption of food safety technologies and practices among local food companies. BD4FS is a cutting-edge approach to reducing hunger, malnutrition, and foodborne illness through the power of local entrepreneurship and private enterprise. Please find additional information at: https://www.agrilinks.org/activities/business-drivers-food-safety.
FES is seeking an individual to support program operations for the Business Drivers for Food Safety (BD4FS) program. The successful candidate will be a member of the FES team that oversees this global initiative, as well as future initiatives that are currently in design/development and will work in close partnership with FES senior leadership in developing and managing systems and procedures supporting our work in the US and abroad.
The Program Associate will be expected to provide a broad range of technical and project functions that include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and monitor a schedule of all project deliverables.
- Coordinate flow of administrative and contractual communications with sub-contractors, sub-awardees, and consultants.
- Support preparation of all reports including workplans, quarterly financial reports, annual reports, and other project-related documents or publications as needed.
- Manage logistics for all project meetings, public events, activities, or other events as needed.
- Support travel authorizations and other logistic requirements for staff and consultants.
- Receive and log in all documents, receipts, reports, etc. relating to project expenditures.
- Support preparation of internal monthly expenditure and activities report.
- Undergraduate / graduate degree in Public Health, Economics, Business Administration, Management, Public Policy, Political Science, International Affairs, or other relevant discipline;
- Up to three (3) years of relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Exceptional oral & written communications skills;
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively with team-members, clients, and partners, both orally and in writing;
- Experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to prepare workplans, develop flow-charts, and other project management tools;
- Experience working under deadlines and meeting scheduled deliverables.
- Team player with the ability to work independently while meeting all job requirements.
- Willingness to travel domestically and international approximately 10-15%, depending on project need;
- Experience supporting projects and/or working in developing country context a plus;
- Experience in communications – website management, blogging, social media – a plus;
- French fluency highly desired.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. Position includes holiday, leave, retirement, and health benefits.
Send cover letter, resume, recent salary or consulting fees history, and three references.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org