The OneVoice Movement is a global initiative that supports grassroots activists in Israel, Palestine, and internationally who are working to build the human infrastructure needed to create the necessary conditions for a just and negotiated resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The OneVoice Movement is seeking an energetic digital communications professional to oversee the online communications strategy and amplify the organization’s message. The primary responsibilities of the Digital Communications Manager are to increase the profile of the organization’s work and build an educated, engaged and active community of supporters through compelling content across all social media platforms, public communications and websites.
The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for all digital assets including social media strategy and content, email communications, website management, and digital and distance-learning material for our US campus and community outreach program. They will need to coordinate with staff members in the US and Europe, and with partners in Israel and Palestine, to ensure a quality program is rolled out and maintained across the organization. The Digital Communications Manager will assist the Global Executive Director with media relations and preparing content and creative to highlight the organization’s work. The position will require working closely with all team members to ensure the digital program advances the organization's growth, messaging, organizing and community-building priorities.
- Design and implement digital communications strategy and policies to support the mission and objectives of OneVoice;
- Execute and oversee new media strategies and initiatives across a variety of platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube;
- Support and advance community and campus programming through the integration of digital tools, marketing and distance-learning technologies;
- Enhance the reach of OneVoice digital communications through new and compelling web and social media content;
- Exercise search engine optimization & online marketing best practices;
- Design attractive and professional annual reports, marketing and donor materials;
- Coordinate with OneVoice partners to write and design effective e-newsletters, articles, and opinion pieces for a variety of audiences;
- Maintain press list, perform regular media monitoring, and work with relevant staff members to draft and send press releases, articles and place op-eds in various media outlets;
- Establish benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media initiatives, analyzing and implementing best practices into the organization's communications;
- Enforce and contribute to branding guidelines; and
- Work with executive leadership to create and implement organizational strategic communications plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (English, communications, journalism, international relations, etc.);
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Ability to deliver effective communications tailored to the needs of a diverse range of audiences in often politically and operationally sensitive contexts;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and turn-around written materials quickly and in response to real-time events;
- Excellent communications, planning, organization, and writing/editing skills;
- Experience writing email, social media, and web copy;
- Knowledge of and interest in Middle East history, politics, and current events;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and InDesign is desired;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Arabic and/or Hebrew is a strong asset;
- Experience with CMS tools and overseeing websites is a strong asset and ability to is required;
- A strong work ethic, problem-solving mindset, and support of the organization’s mission and vision are required.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with organizational matching
- Free breakfast, coffee, and snacks in-office
- Flexible work schedule and summer Fridays
- A chance to be part of a mission-driven organization and team that is dedicated to changing the world for the better
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills and includes a competitive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental and vision coverage.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references. Email by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org