Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the various technical, operational, financial and administrative needs of assigned country programs are being met by developing relationships with the field and support departments;
- Providing guidance and oversight to APM for Mali and Madagascar projects;
- Leading as focal point for Liberia and South Sudan projects;
- Reviewing and responding to programmatic and financial requests for information from various departments, field team, and donor;
- Supporting regular monthly project financial reviews for portfolio led by Financial Analyst or Financial Manager;
- Leading semi-annual reporting for Liberia and South Sudan in August 2020 and provide oversight to APM for Mali and Madagascar reports;
- Supporting PSI’s end of year network quality standards (StEPs) as needed for porfolio;
- Leading or supporting the Associate Program Manager in budget management across all projects, including budget realignments, cost-extensions, and no-cost extensions as necessary;
- Conducting regular check-ins with the country teams to review health impact, monitor achievement against targets, track obstacles/challenges to achievement, burn rates, and other programmatic or financial issues as they arise;
- Advise Senior Regional Director on relevant issues; keeping her informed of significant developments and issues pertaining to the country programs or impacting operations overall;
- Coordinate communications between platform teams and PSI/W departments as relevant to the Foundation Market program support;
- Hold monthly meetings with the country teams to review health impact, monitor achievement against targets, track obstacles/challenges to achievement, burn rates, and other programmatic or financial issues as they arise;
- Attending regular weekly SMT meetings as well as any workshops or training sessions as needed;
- Liase with Risk and Compliance team and Financial Analyst/Manager regularly to ensure financial health and subaward management needs are being well addressed and supported for portfolio.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant Master’s degree (MBA, MPA, MPH, etc) or equivalent experience;
- 10+ years of experience related to international development (international health preferred) and at least two years working in a developing country;
- Exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Significant experience in developing and monitoring budgets;
- Previous supervisory experience and demonstrated management capacity in a fast paced work environment;
- Demonstrated experience with international donors and familiarity with international development and health issues; experience with Global Fund required;
- Fluency in English and French is required;
- Creative, innovative and a strategic thinker;
- Effective verbal and written communicator;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this positon;
- References will be required;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
- Budget guru. You love budgets and numbers and are excited to develop, monitor, and update project budgets to align with program needs;
- A love for compliance but the flexibility to meet program needs. You like to play by the rules but you understand the importance of being flexible to meet our ultimate goal of health impact;
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people in order to get things done;
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction and you are not afraid to ask questions;
- Work hard, play hard. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks;
- Icing on the cake;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; you feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say and can effectively interact with senior management;
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen;
- Champion of Fun. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org