The Program Manager (PM) is the primary point of contact between HQ and the field teams. In this role, the PM provides project management support to field teams to help manage project risk; ensure execution consistent with the contract, workplan, indicator targets, and budget; ensure compliance with all Blumont and donor policies, procedures, and regulations; and liaise with other divisions at HQ to promote effective communication and coordination to manage risk and resolve issues. The PM also oversees performance reporting to ensure project results and accomplishments are captured and disseminated appropriately.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain regular contact with the field offices to ensure continued coordination and support in helping them resolve issues associated with project implementation;
- Regularly monitor the implementation of project activities for consistency with workplan, budget, and procurement plan. Assist in the identification of implementation risks and bottlenecks and recommend and implement corrective action in close coordination with the COP and DCOP;
- Support and oversee the budget management, workplan execution, and indicator achievement as part of an earned-value management approach to supporting Blumont’s portfolio;
- Support information and communication activities for the projects to ensure quality and compliance with the project’s Branding and Marking Strategy;
- Oversee the production of all project reporting deliverables – in close coordination with M&E team, analyze all information and data required for reporting and ensure the preparation of high-quality progress performance reports that accurately depict status of activities, accomplishments, and challenges;
- Promote teamwork and strengthen communication among field project managers, as well as develop rapport and establish long-term working relationships with field project management teams through the application of consistent communication, policies, and procedures;
- Coordinate closely with other divisions at HQ to ensure issues and challenges are addressed by the appropriate teams and all key internal stakeholders are included
- Provides proactive updates to senior management on major program decisions and issues of concern;
- Provide project surge support as needed, particularly for start-up, close-out, and audits of projects;
- As necessary, support proposal development by helping develop technical and cost strategies to maximize competitive advantage;
- Attend relevant events with donors, clients, partner organizations and others;
- Coordinate directly with Blumont clients as appropriate;
- Assist with new staff orientation, training and capacity building; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience providing remote management and support to a portfolio of projects around the globe;
- Knowledge of USG, DFID, UNHCR, and other funder rules and regulations;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from multiple divisions to solve complex problems;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field of international development, humanitarian assistance, or program/project management;
- Experience designing, testing, and implementing new project management systems to support complex project implementation;
- Bachelor's degree in International Affairs, Political Science, or related field; and
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in a foreign language – French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred; and
- Experience in geographic areas relevant to Blumont, including Colombia, Central America, West Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and especially the Middle East North Africa (MENA) Region.
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge;
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to help support and/or manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Exceptional oral and written communication capability, interpersonal skills, and ability to work cordially and effectively with a wide range of individuals in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities;
- Ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly dynamic work environment;
- High degree of flexibility and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org