Join an organization where you can make a difference in the lives of students from across the nation and the world. At The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC), we see a world where young people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to discover, develop and realize their full potential. TWC is the bridge between higher education and professional careers–leveraging all that Washington D.C. has to offer to provide dynamic, experiential learning opportunities to empower and motivate young people to become engaged global citizens.
The Advisor, Federal Programs is a key role for delivering on The Washington Center’s promise to students to provide them with a transformational experience – setting them on a course of achievement and leadership. He/she serves as the first line of support for TWC’s federal agency partners and program participants. This person is responsible for managing and implementing day-to-day activities of fellowship programs designed to attract outstanding individuals from all ethnic, racial and social backgrounds.
This position is contingent upon funding and will be filled only once the grant is awarded, with an anticipated start date of early August.
Essential Job Functions:
CLIENT & PARTNER RELATIONS
- Serve as point of contact and provide all clients with excellent customer service. Clients may include, but are not limited to: federal agencies, university/college officials, students, and travel and meeting vendors.
- Coordinate periodic check-ins with and reporting to partner agencies and program team.
- Develop relationships with strategic university partners that will further the awareness of the program(s) and increase marketing effectiveness.
- Provide designated manager(s) with updates on stakeholder and participant involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of strategic marketing and recruitment plan(s) for federal programs specially focused on university partnerships.
- Collaborate with MarCom Dept. to meet applicant targets for marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Participate in recruitment trips and/or lead info sessions at colleges and universities each semester to promote program opportunities to faculty, staff, administrators, and prospective students.
- Organize logistics for and coordinate program events including selection, orientation, and virtual program activities.
- Utilize technological tools to increase efficiency of program execution and provide all program materials and communication to participants.
- Keep participants informed about program policies, including financial assistance and ensure their adherence to program requirements.
Required Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 2-3 years’ related work experience
- Experience working with students required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree a plus
- Experience working with the Federal government is a plus
- Experience working with college students highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Easily adaptable
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org