Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms, and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
We are hiring for a Grants & Research Manager position to be based in Amherst MA or remote/telework. The Grants & Research Manager will oversee all financial and compliance aspects of a portfolio of federal and institutional grants. Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, and revise budgets and contracts for grant proposals, and work with project directors and partners to develop sub-award proposal budgets.
- Disseminate relevant funder and Verité guidance materials to staff, sub-awardees, and contractors, and update as needed.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations (including 2 CFR Part 200 [Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements]), funder requirements, and Verité procedures by all staff, sub-awardees, and contractors.
- Ensure staff, sub-awardees, and contractors are knowledgeable about relevant federal regulations, funder guidelines, and Verité procedures; respond to compliance questions; and provide training and guidance as needed.
- Develop and circulate reporting tools, set up deadline reminders, and ensure timely submission of all programmatic and financial reports.
- Draft, implement, and monitor agreements with all sub-awardees and contractors.
- Review expenditures against budgeted line items and flag areas of concern to discuss with program staff.
- Revise project budgets as needed to reflect actual expenditures and changes in project activities.
- Organize and maintain financial and contracting records.
- Establish and manage quality-control systems to ensure the accuracy and documentation of each financial transaction.
- Create periodic financial reports for funders and Verité management.
- Keep up-to-date on project activities, identify challenges related to funding, and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all project partners and funders.
- Assist with audits and financial reviews.
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned by the CFO or other senior staff.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in grants administration.
- Competency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of spreadsheet and database software to generate complex financial analysis and customized reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal compliance regulations; and generally accepted accounting,
- fiscal, and reporting principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective grant management processes.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to modify delivery, language, or content to account for the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Ability to remain flexible to meet constantly changing and sometimes challenging demands.
- Ability to process, organize, and analyze large amounts of information accurately and quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfort working both independently and on a fast-paced team with shifting priorities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. for an unlimited period.
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility.
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across boundaries.*
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission.
- Fluent, clear, and concise writing in English.
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success.
- Maintains confidentiality in communications as appropriate.
Please send a résumé and one-page cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Grants position’ in the subject line.
No phone inquiries will be accepted for this position.