CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual for a short term contract, to be part of the Membership and Communication Team in Brussels.
This person will support the organisation of online and physical events for members, including the General Assembly, and will also support CONCORD’s internal communication with the membership.
Concretely, this means:
- Assist the Governance Coordinator in the organisation, the running and the follow-up of the General Assembly;
- Assist the Communication Coordinator in ensuring smooth internal communication with CONCORD members, for example by:
- Draft the monthly newsletter (with inputs provided by the Communication Coordinator);
- Maintain the database of members’ logos and other information, updating templates and the website accordingly;
- Support the organization of webinars of the communication experts from the confederation.
- Coordinating the 2020 report on participation at CONCORD’s events and webinars.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience, including internships;
- Experience in membership-based organisations;
- Proven experience and skills in organising events and webinars;
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and knowledge of French/Dutch would be an asset;
- Studies in international development, political science, institutional communications, event management, or any other relevant field of study would be an asset;
- Computer and digital skills, especially managing Mailchimp and CRM systems, and updating Wordpress;
- Online, social media and stakeholder communications experience.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Confidence in building and maintaining effective relationships with people across an organisation;
- A quick learner;
- Excellent organisational and time management;
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team;
- Ability to communicate in a multicultural environment;
- High degree of attention to detail;
- Ability to take your own initiative adapted to the situation.
Any of the following is a plus:
- Additional EU languages would be considered an asset;
- A good understanding of the development cooperation sector;
- Experience with Non-Governmental Organisations / value-based organisations would be an advantage;
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading;
- Experience in content management systems (CMS);
- Layout and graphic designer skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org