“all-round advisor with an international track record who enables War Child colleagues to do the best work of their lives, everyday, to help children affected by war”
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. To empower those children we need to empower our people, and that’s what we aim for at HR. In line with War Child’s ambition to be a networked expert organization it is the expertise that matters to us, in a global environment where country borders in terms of workplace slowly disappear, and working conditions and the full employee life cycle should fit for purpose.
To harness the incredible power and diversity of global talent we need an HR Advisor that thinks in possibilities, makes things happen, even if this has never been done before; one that understands the challenges of working for an international NGO, often not in a safe environment, and is ready to advise and support our international colleagues/expats to increase the impact of their work.
As HR Advisor International you are responsible for managing HR related issues of WCH’s expatriate staff and International Program department staff. You are a born advisor with strong technical expertise, affinity for building relationships and a fine sensor for interpersonal intricacies. You know and understand the challenges of talent management in an international NGO sector and nothing makes you more excited than an interesting dilemma in international mobility. You make a difference by running HR processes thoughtfully and with integrity, also if the message is less positive. You challenge your internal clients and strive to find the best solution, staying flexible and agile and keeping a helicopter view of the organization.
As HR Advisor International you are part of Human Resources team that, together with Finance, ICT and Procurement teams, form the Department of Shared Operations. The HR team includes HR Manager, 2 other HR Advisors, Recruiter and 2 HR Officers.
· Realize and boost a strong employee life cycle for our international staff around the world, and staff at our International Programs Department in Amsterdam
· Dive into complex (contracting) issues requiring technical and fiscal/legal research and follow up
· Advise and guide staff in their career planning, provide staff care and assist in resolving individual matters. In case of conflicts take on a mediating role.
· Balance various high priority tasks – at one moment you translate a strategic vision into operational follow up and at another you provide an ad hoc advice to a colleague on an urgent matter
· Advise and support the International Management Team (IMT), line managers and staff in all people management issues, ensuring an actable solution in line with WCH’s strategy and policy
· Own and lead global HR projects
· Stay abreast and account for internal and external developments in the field of global HR
· Carry out all these exciting tasks independently from our office in Amsterdam, and travel to our country offices when required.
· HBO+ degree in the areas of HRM, Management, Business Administration
· Min. 5 years of work experience as International HR Business Partner in an international context and with experience working abroad
· Solid (technical) experience with international compensation & benefit and implementation of a full global employee journey
· Ideally, a track record in an International NGO
· Ability to implement and adapt policies to different contexts
· Excellent advisory skills, combining empathy with confidence
· Excellent command of English (fluency in Dutch language is a big plus)
· Results-oriented and hands-on team player
· Approachable with keen interest in people from different backgrounds and sensitive to organizational dynamics
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; ability to give and receive feedback
· Flexible and willing to travel to war affected countries
· Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission
· EU resident or in possession of Dutch working permit
· Available for at least 32 hours per week.
· Salary range from €3263 to €4221 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience)
· 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional free days
· A contributory pension scheme where all pension contributions are paid by War Child
· Monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25,-
· An NS Business Card (2nd class) for your home-work commute
· Possibility to follow training and/or courses and attend War Child’s events
· Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam. We work closely with our communications colleagues in Germany and Sweden and program countries around the world.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org