Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Under the overall guidance of the Head of UN Women China Office and direct guidance of the CGF Programme Manager of UN Women China, the consultant is expected to undertake the following services:
- The consultant will be required to do the final editing of the stock-take review report;
- Facilitate CGF strategic plan development workshop, to be held in Beijing as well as to use this opportunity, to discuss the new strategy and strategic plan of the CGF;
- Based on the stock-take review report and inputs from the above workshop, the consultant will develop CGF’s new strategy of 2020-2023, which should articulate the overall vision, goal and result areas of CGF, its direction and plan for three years period, partnership framework as well as road-map for implementation. The new CGF strategy should be aligned to overall corporate and national priorities of UN Women, the country context and priorities set in national policies and plans, the new UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework and contribute towards achievement of the SDGs;
- Develop CGF communication kit of the “new” CGF programme, to be used for CGF advocacy, visibility and branding.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- In-depth knowledge of gender equality and women's rights issues;
- Experience in Programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Knowledge of Results Based Management;
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings;
- Good knowledge of technical area;
- Good organizational skills and ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in the field of international development, gender studies or related area with at least 10 years of experience in gender programme review, monitoring and/or evaluation. Or Bachelor's degree in those fields with 12 years of the above-mentioned work experience;
- Demonstrated abilities and track record in writing high quality English-language strategic documents and review reports. Programme review document and formulation of a new programme strategy related to grant-making modality is highly desirable;
- Ability to gather, distill, analyze and present complex information in concise and reader-friendly style is a requirement for this assignment;
- Excellent understanding of and experience with gender-sensitive and results-based management, results-framework development, monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge and experience working in China will be an asset;
- Understanding of international development, resource mobilization, and the UN context is desirable;
- Able to work independently and under strict deadlines is necessary;
- Must be capable of effectively using MS Word and Excel.
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org