Duties and Responsibilities
Manage design and roll out of an Engagement Strategy with the Public Sector in close coordination with the Action Coalitions Leads and the Action Coalition Programme Manager and building on the expertise and knowledge of the Strategic Partnership Division (SPD):
- Develop a holistic mapping to identify key public sector stakeholders to approach and involve in the Action Coalitions Leadership and Membership Structure in close coordination with the relevant divisions within UN Women;
- Develop a targeted engagement approach by cluster and integrating the stakeholders’ strategic priorities and the Action Coalitions ambition, themes and actions;
- Provide guidance and advice on the development of a targeted commitment approach to ensure that the private stakeholders are committed to the most impactful commitment;
- Provide guidance and advice on the development of an accountability framework to ensure effective implementation and adjustment of the commitments made by the public sector’s key stakeholders;
- Coordinate the development of an operational action plan to translate the engagement strategy into operational activities, milestones and responsibilities;
- Oversee the overall implementation of the Actions Coalitions engagement strategy and operational action plan with the public sector by leveraging the capacity of UN Women’s Resource Mobilization Section;
- ensure a comprehensive and strategic approach that facilitates large-scale, collaborative multi-stakeholder support, in close collaboration with members of the Resource Mobilization and Action Coalition teams, and the Generation Equality Forum.
Manage, and facilitate the engagement of public sector partners for Action Coalitions:
- Identify opportunities to promote the partnership at high visibility donor events;
- Work closely with the communication and advocacy units of partners and optimize their contributions;
- Ensure a regular flow of information with public sector partners using communications materials to encourage commitments, dialogue and engagement;
- Coordinate closely with the staff working within other technical areas of the Actions Coalitions synergies for collaboration.
Oversee the Action Coalitions’ partnerships agreements:
- Manage contractual agreements/negotiations with public sector partners in line with UN Women’s rules and regulations;
- Lead and consolidate risk management for public sector partnerships within the Action Coalitions.
Manage the submission of high quality and timely reports to donors:
- Provide substantive technical support to programme managers for the preparation of high quality and timely donor reports;
- Coordinate with the Action Coalition Co-leads, leads and the Programme Manager for the collection of information and preparation of results-based reports for external constituencies.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality and timely support and advice to UN Women Actions Coalitions Leadership on public sector partnerships;
- Quality relationships with donors with lead to financial support for UN Women’s Actions Coalitions;
- Timely targeting of partnership opportunities and timely tracking of donor intelligence;
- Quality communication and advocacy products which result in increased public partner engagement;
- Quality knowledge products and timely sharing of best practices to improve/ enhance donor relations.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of gender equality and women's rights issues;
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with government representatives of Member States (donor and programme);
- Affinity with UN Women’s mandate on gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with data analysis and donor reporting;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- Proven networking skills, and ability to mobilize support on behalf of UN Women;
- Strong negotiating and coordination skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of UN system and familiarity with inter-governmental processes;
- Strong IT skills, including databases, extranet and office software packages;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women's studies, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, communications/advocacy, and/or business development;
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships;
- Experience in gender equality and women's empowerment.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org