The role - Director – Human and Social Development will manage the work of the Human and Social Development Division, including overseeing the management of all programmes and projects in the area of human rights, gender equality, culture, and youth development. The role will oversee the management of research, monitoring, evaluation and learning to inform policy and interventions to advance national and regional priorities on human rights, gender equality, culture and youth, in alignment with the global commitments of Pacific member states.
The key responsibilities of the role include
- Strategic planning, policy and programming advice;
- Leadership and people management;
- Programme management, integrated programming and mainstreaming;
- Fundraising and resource mobilisation;
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
- A master’s degree in human rights law, development, sociology or other relevant subject related to human rights, development studies, or gender.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 10 years of experience in human rights or social development;
- At least 10 years of senior management experience, including personnel, project and financial management;
- Experience with the raising of external funding;
- Knowledge of key global and regional frameworks and plans for human rights and social development, particularly in gender, culture and youth development;
- Knowledge and experience of the socio-political situations, government systems and public policy processes in Pacific Island Countries and Territories;
- Experience in working with UN agencies, development partners, NGOs, civil society organisations in the Pacific region.
- Highly developed leadership and planning skills;
- Ability to network, communicate and represent effectively at national, regional and international levels.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with a working knowledge of French being an advantage;
- Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness;
- Cross-cultural skills and the ability to work with team members from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work in an inclusive and equitable environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org