The Programme Associate will support the implementation of a rapid-response 15-month project that seeks to support an effective, conflict-sensitive response to the COVID-19 pandemic in a way that prevents further deterioration of social cohesion in fragile contexts.
The optimal candidate has a minimum of three (3) years of experience in grant management, donor reporting, and administration, preferably for projects funded by the European Union. The candidate has an understanding of conflict sensitivity, media, social cohesion and is sensitive to intercultural and distance team-work dynamics.
The Programme Associate shall lead report writing, provide technical assistance to country teams involved in this programme, contribute to programme implementation, and assist with general logistical support as required including support for trainings and special events. S/he will support the Programme Manager in coordinating operations across the targeted countries, The Programme Associate will be based in the Search for Common Ground Brussels office and may need to travel (following government regulations related to travel) in Africa and the Middle East to countries of project implementation.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Direct Reports: no direct reports
Working relationships: Middle East and North Africa; Central and East Africa; and West Africa regional teams, relevant country teams, the European Affairs and Partnerships team, the Institutional Learning Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties
- Grant management: Support the global management of the two foreseen project grants, project start up and close out, monitoring and evaluation of the action. Lead the donor reporting and ensure the timely submission of country-specific reports. Assist in updating the project tracker, files and activity reports;
- Activity implementation: Assist country teams with the implementation of project deliverables in each country, provide a liaison role among country teams involved in the project;
- External outreach: Occasionally assist other members of the project team in maintaining relationships with donor and partners, and in conducting publicity and advocacy regarding the project.
The “HOW” - Skills & Competencies
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Sciences, Social Inclusion, Public Diplomacy, Political Science, Public Relations, Communications, Conflict Prevention and Crisis response, intercultural education or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in related field;
- Familiarity with the Middle East and/or Central and East Africa and/or West Africa region, and good understanding of peacebuilding and conflict transformation;
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and donor engagement;
- Ability to represent projects professionally to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to travel overseas;
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large;
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment;
- Strong communication skills. Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic and/or French preferred.
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members;
- shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team;
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations;
- Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement;
- Attention to Details: The ability to work effectively under pressure with strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others;
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally;
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices;
- Critical Evaluation: The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations based on keen analysis, best practices and an understanding of preferred outcomes;
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization strategic plan;
- Commitment to Search Values.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org