Founded in 1976 and building on more than two centuries of shared ideals between France and the United States, the French-American Foundation—United States works to enrich a transatlantic relationship that is essential in today’s world. With its sister foundation, the French-American Foundation – France, the Foundation brings together leaders, policymakers, and a wide range of professionals to exchange views and share experiences in areas of mutual concern for mutual benefit.
Because we believe that fostering dialogue among leaders from both sides of the Atlantic is key to addressing common challenges, we organize initiatives and meetings with the goal of promoting a dynamic transatlantic partnership. Programs include our signature Young Leaders program, conferences, online events, and high-level professional exchanges.
About the Position
The French-American Foundation is looking to fill the position of Program Coordinator to provide administrative support to selected programs in the areas described above and to the overall team.
The coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Programs, but will assist the entire team, including the Executive Director, when needed. Responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to, research and agenda development, program organization, event coordination (Zoom management, RSVP list coordination, etc.), and drafting communication materials. Responsibilities may also include conference site visits. Experience with database software is encouraged.
The ideal team member:
- Has the ability to prioritize and organize work assignments, and to make progress on several projects simultaneously.
- Has excellent writing and editing skills.
- Is a highly organized, self-motivated, and independent worker.
- Is a team player with a positive attitude and a collaborative spirit.
A strong interest and a relevant undergraduate degree in international relations, social sciences, nonprofit management, or a related field. Entry level graduates with fewer than two years of full-time work experience are welcome to apply.
The candidate should be fluent in English and proficient in French and be comfortable working in both languages. Prior experience working or studying in France is a plus.
Experience with Excel is required. Experience in design software (InDesign, Canva, etc.) is preferred.
- You will be a full-time member of our team (currently five), based in New York City, and working remotely until we return to the office in midtown Manhattan, the date of which is to be determined.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter before August 10th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org