The role of the Global Health Fellow- Strategic Partnerships and Business Development, is to assist with outreach, partnership, collaboration, and resource development in line with CORE Group’s mission, key values, and beliefs. The Global Health Fellow will follow guidance provided in the CORE Group Strategic Plan and Business Development Plan and assist with membership outreach, as well as liaise with our technical working groups. The fellow will assist with outreach to new partners (such as the private sector, country-level consortiums, tech firms, universities, etc.) for areas of potential collaboration that enhances CORE Group’s mission, supports its membership, and strengthens the role of civil society in improving and expanding community health practices for underserved populations, especially women and children, through collaborative action and learning.
S/he will bring innovation to the strategic thinking process and assist the Executive Director to strengthen CORE Group as a fiscally and programmatically sound membership association that nurtures collaboration among CORE members and a diverse array of partners. S/he will support the goals of all of CORE Group’s current and future programs, in terms of partnership development. S/he will also support the Executive Director in identifying new opportunities and coordinating proposal and partnership agreement processes.
General responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Assist Executive Director (ED) and Board of Directors to implement CORE Group’s strategic plan and strategic business plan to achieve our mission of improving and expanding community health practices for underserved populations, especially women and children, through collaborative action and learning
• Support the expansion of CORE Group membership to international organizations and consortiums, as well as a civil society engagement process for in-country engagement and linking new partners to CORE Group, to improve global collaboration
• Develop a comprehensive strategy for corporate and foundation engagement with CORE Group
• Engage in dialogue with CORE Group members and other partners about business development opportunities. Create new partnerships to foster business development with CORE Group and its members
• Support the implementation of a marketing and strategic communications plan that strengthens our brand name recognition and potential for global and national partnerships
• Propose and support in the coordination of events that may promote CORE Group members and foster new partnerships with shared vision
• Provide support to CORE Group’s semi-annual conferences and international conferences to foster partnerships that provide opportunities for dialogue and exchange through technical discussions, and networking that results in collaborative action
• Support working groups and communities of practice by linking them with potential partners and seeking funding to support their annual work plan activities. Assist in mentorship and follow-up of the working groups, keeping a timeline of goals and measurable outputs
• Regularly tracking new opportunities for business development, partnership, and engagement
• Assist in leading and coordinating all aspects of the business development cycle and proposal cycle
• Assist the Executive Director to write and edit timely and accurate reports to donors and partners and to the Board to ensure transparent communication processes reflecting the CORE culture and spirit
• Coordinate with the Board Resource Development Committee and provide support as needed to executive their annual plans
• Conduct other activities as requested by the Executive Director
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or related fields in line with job responsibilities
• At least two - five years of experience cultivating partnerships across organizations, this could include through fundraising, business development, strategic partnership management, in addition to internships, volunteer engagement, membership recruitment, or institutional partnership and vendor coordination
• Demonstrated track record of designing and implementing new projects or processes, transforming ideas into action
• Strong writing skills, as evidenced by experience writing grant proposals, strategic plans, or reports; creating business development strategies
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration (MBA), marketing, public health, international affairs, or related field
• Strong history of business development or legislation/policy experience or private sector experience; private sector experience highly desired
• Previous experience working with a national/global network or advocacy agency
• Event planning and coordination experience, such as managing the preparation and logistics for donor meetings, conferences, working groups, etc.
• Academic training or professional experience conducting research and analysis on partners, donors, vendors, contractors, or members in an organizational or volunteer setting
• Innovative thinker and problem solver that thinks creatively about partnerships and connections
• Excellent cross-cultural and collaborative skills, a strong relationship builder
• Past experience with strategic communication and networking, such as with partners, government officials, recruitment efforts, event planning, or volunteer efforts
• Ability to multi- task with quality outcomes and work under pressure with flexibility in a team setting
• Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, social media, and virtual collaboration tools
• Excellent public speaker and ability to present ideas and transform them into action
This is a 1-2 year Fellowship based in Washington DC/remotely. Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States will be considered. No relocation costs are offered with this fellowship. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, initial fellowship may be remote.
Please email your resume and cover letter. Use “Global Health Fellow 2020-2021” as the subject line – no phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org